Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 09-13-2016, 10:03 AM   #1
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Fabricated issue? Why is is that recently when the DOJ has investigated police departments for accusations of systemic racism they've uncovered rampant and systemic racism?

It's fine to debate the form and scale of the issue but it's not fabricated.
The DOJ has a set agenda , that's how .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
buckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:06 AM   #2
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
The DOJ has a set agenda , that's how .
I love it, now the DOJ is anti-police
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 11:44 AM   #3
buckman

[QUOTE=spence;1108189]I love it, now the DOJ is anti-police [/QUOTEI didn't say they were anti police, but they do want the police to act in a politically correct way with the terms being set by the agenda of the left .
Old 09-13-2016, 01:04 PM   #4
FishermanTim

Having social and political beliefs is fine, and actually encouraged, but to use your job as a platform to broadcast those beliefs where it interferes with that job (or causes a distraction as a result) is not!

He is a paid pro athlete (well, he plays sports) and if he chooses to be a distraction to his team he should expect a less than favorable reaction.

He is definitely not protesting due to personal experiences, so why the need to stand out in such a way? I agree that it may just be a form of "grand-standing" to draw attention to himself and his failing career. Beyond that simple single incident of protest, what else has he done to help his fellow African Americans? Surely there is more that he can AFFORD to do besides that?

I am a legend in my own mind!
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 01:06 PM   #5
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
I didn't say they were anti police, but they do want the police to act in a politically correct way with the terms being set by the agenda of the left .
So shaking down a poor black community as a source of revenue isn't politically correct?
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 01:34 PM   #6
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
So shaking down a poor black community as a source of revenue isn't politically correct?
Where do you come up with this stuff ? Post me the related New York Times article please 😂
Also it's ironic that you use the term "shaking down " , isn't that a dog whistle for Hillary ?
Old 09-13-2016, 01:47 PM   #7
BigBo

I don't know the actual numbers and I'm not taking the time to research it, but when you have 12% of the population committing 80-85% of violent crimes, you now expect the police to completely ignore that demographic and pretend it's not going on just to be politically correct in order to appease that same demographic that they aren't being targeted? Yeah let's go down that road and see where it leads.

The future ain't what it used to be. --Yogi Berra
BigBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 02:18 PM   #8
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBo View Post
I don't know the actual numbers and I'm not taking the time to research it, but when you have 12% of the population committing 80-85% of violent crimes, you now expect the police to completely ignore that demographic and pretend it's not going on just to be politically correct in order to appease that same demographic that they aren't being targeted? Yeah let's go down that road and see where it leads.
I believe crime has gone up in those cities where the Department of Justice has interfered with the policies of Police Departments.

We are going down that road with Islamic extremist also .