Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 12-29-2015, 11:17 AM   #1
CTSurfrat

Vermont has been devastated by heroin.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...america-103280

To quote Chris Herron "No one starts out with a needle in their arm. They start with a beer and a couple of tokes in a friend's basement."

Not so sure legalization of pot is a good idea....the jury is still out on this one.

Bill
CTSurfrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 11:51 AM   #2
bassballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSurfrat View Post
Vermont has been devastated by heroin.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...america-103280

To quote Chris Herron "No one starts out with a needle in their arm. They start with a beer and a couple of tokes in a friend's basement."

Not so sure legalization of pot is a good idea....the jury is still out on this one.

Also stated that the legalization of pot has forced the drug cartels to push more bad Heroin batches into the states. not sure how accurate that is but...
bassballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 01:32 PM   #3
Fly Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSurfrat View Post
To quote Chris Herron "No one starts out with a needle in their arm. They start with a beer and a couple of tokes in a friend's basement.".
Very true and those that do a few tokes every day do not want to admit that too leads to the needle....Ohio in 2014 is the biggest user of opiates 2,482 deaths....some one here stated let them stay on pain pills, not strong enough and that is Y they seek heroin....heroin is the cheapest for addicts to get, also has put the crack dealers out of business

Gloucester police started a rehabilation program to help addicts...if they stay with the program and heal there drug record will be sealed and other cities across the country have taken up this program...if addicts come in willfully no arrest and R put into the program...drug dealers will end up in jail.....it's about time the addict(user) is not given a jail sentence.....here in Gloucester people in this program R turning in dealers....maybe your city or town should start this program....

"When its not about money,it's all about money."...
Fly Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 02:44 PM   #4
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

I also believe the medical community and especially doctors need to be accountable for the scripts they write at the drop of a hat. Oxys and other opioids are used/prescribed way too much. When my daughter was hospitalized last summer with Lyme, she couldn't get the ibuprofen to stay down. No problem, they said. We'll just give you a morphine drip.... I was up and saying WTF?
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 03:43 PM   #5
redlite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
I also believe the medical community and especially doctors need to be accountable for the scripts they write at the drop of a hat. Oxys and other opioids are used/prescribed way too much. When my daughter was hospitalized last summer with Lyme, she couldn't get the ibuprofen to stay down. No problem, they said. We'll just give you a morphine drip.... I was up and saying WTF?
I fully agree that they r handed out way too much and easily.
My wife is a nurse practioner and just went to work for several doctors. Several of them were doin that, just handed out perks etc like it was halloween. I have asked her if the any of the doctors are now complainin that they are losin patients because of her tactic. She says not really and she doesnt care cause she not gonna jepordize her licenses. They say no because apparently when these patients sign on they sign an agreeement that they can only have pills prescribed bybthem, filled at only one and the same pharmacy, and at any time can be urine/ and or blood tested to confirm personal use of narcotics. Violation of agreement reults in automatic refusal for further medical treatment from her facilty

She is off today and just checked her patient log from yesterday. Just caught 2 more "ex-clients". Both came back positive for coke and no opiodes in systems even tho they have both been being prescibed 120 perks a mth by one of the doctors for the past few months
She had 2 last week. 1said her husband must have been sneakin coke into her cigerettes. A guy simply said oh well, it is what it is
Sure they will just find new docs to write them scripts
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by redlite; 12-29-2015 at 03:49 PM..
redlite is offline   Reply With Quote