Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-26-2015, 12:01 PM   #1
PaulS

Sort of like how the story of the drone hit on the Dr w/o Borders changed.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:11 PM   #2
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Sort of like how the story of the drone hit on the Dr w/o Borders changed.
Totally different scenario. The GOP isn't trying to destroy the credibility of the US Military.

Also Jim, I'd appreciate it if you'd start calling her Mrs. President.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:31 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Totally different scenario. The GOP isn't trying to destroy the credibility of the US Military.

True, we have to concede that the GOP is out to get her.

That aside. Spence, why didn't she just say "we are trying to figure it out, it's a fluid situation at the moment"?

Can you support your claim that every time she flip-flopped, it's because there was another intelligence report that said "forget what we told you 5 minutes ago, we changed our mind, now we think it was caused by _____".

I'll call her FCOTUS, that's the closest I can get. And I don't know that she's beatable.
Old 10-26-2015, 01:41 PM   #4
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
That aside. Spence, why didn't she just say "we are trying to figure it out, it's a fluid situation at the moment"?
I think there's a lot of public pressure to get as much information out as possible, which is why the official statements did tend to have a qualifier. Even Rice's often touted remarks were not stated as absolute and final.

Quote:
Can you support your claim that every time she flip-flopped, it's because there was another intelligence report that said "forget what we told you 5 minutes ago, we changed our mind, now we think it was caused by _____".
If you look at the CIA testimony and how the information evolved and the timeline compared to Administration remarks it does align pretty well.

This was all laid out in detail during the bi-partisan majority findings of the Senate investigation.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:46 AM   #5
detbuch

Quote:
"Mrs. President." Is that a Freudian slip? Wasn't she sort of a Mrs. President for Bill when he was President? I think the more standard formal title would be Madam President. Or that would have been so before gender expansion and required normalization. Both Mrs. and Madam are "sexist"--as well as being too restrictive to differentiate between the number of genders now existing.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:49 PM   #6
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
"Mrs. President." Is that a Freudian slip? Wasn't she sort of a Mrs. President for Bill when he was President? I think the more standard formal title would be Madam President. Or that would have been so before gender expansion and required normalization. Both Mrs. and Madam are "sexist"--as well as being too restrictive to differentiate between the number of genders now existing.
I agree, Madam President has a better ring to it.

To be honest I'm sort of looking forward to watching Jim's head explode
Old 10-27-2015, 01:10 PM   #7
detbuch

Quote:

You love him that much, do you?
Old 10-27-2015, 02:25 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:

I think she'd be a big improvement over the incumbent...and Bill would be an even bigger improvement as First Spouse, compared to the angry, entitled, spoiled brat we have now.

At this point, I'd love to see all republicans stop voting. Give liberals the reins to take over everything completely, so that when the inevitable happens, we all are forced to concede (everyone except you, at least) that liberalism doesn't work. You'll be the last holdout.

Spence, if liberal economics has any validity to it...why is CT in the shape it's in? Or Mass, Illinois, you name it? Is it because they aren't liberal enough? Are taxes still way too low? Are houses too cheap? Is it that we haven't been generous enough to public labor unions? I'd be genuinely curious to hear your take on that. Especially as regards CT, which ought to be the best state in the union - lots of educated folks, high average salaries, beautiful state. Yet thanks precisely to the agenda you embrace, it's almost impossible to be middle class here, the cost of living is crushing, our debt is going to cause incomprehensible damage, and we are one of the VERY few states that are losing population.
Old 10-30-2015, 03:07 AM   #9
scottw

Quote:

Inmate # 43678 has an even better ring to it...

President Trump and Vice President Palin have full permission to go wild with Executive Orders and the Republican Congress may engage in any legislative Tom Foolery that they might invent on the fly in order to pass their agenda items.... so that we may watch your head explode be careful what you support, condone and wish for...payback can be a beeotch
Old 10-30-2015, 06:53 AM   #10
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Inmate # 43678 has an even better ring to it...
I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Quote:
President Trump and Vice President Palin have full permission to go wild with Executive Orders and the Republican Congress may engage in any legislative Tom Foolery that they might invent on the fly in order to pass their agenda items.... so that we may watch your head explode be careful what you support, condone and wish for...payback can be a beeotch
I like the idea of a Trump-Palin ticket
Old 10-28-2015, 08:50 AM   #11
Fly Rod

Quote:
Now UUUU RRRRR hitting below the belt....

"When its not about money,it's all about money."...