Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2010, 08:47 PM   #1
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Barely 60% of Working Age Adults paytaxes - wtf?

Why is it that only a low 60% of Americans (working age adults) pay taxes and 40% don't? Why do 60% of Americans pay the lion's share of the nut?

Quote:
"You've got a larger and larger share of people paying less and less for the services provided by the federal government," says Roberton Williams, a senior fellow at the Tax Policy Center. "The concern is that the majority can say, 'Let's have more benefits, spend more,' if they're not paying for it. It's 'free.' That's not a good thing to have."

By historic standards, today's situation is an aberration. Between 1950 and 1990, the number of owe-no-money federal tax returns averaged 21 percent, dipping to 18 percent in 1986, according to Tax Foundation data. In the 1990s, the owe-no-money percentage hovered around 25 percent of taxpayers.

Data: Tax Units with Zero or Negative Tax Liability, 2009-2019

Why do I bust my a$$ in two jobs trying to make things better for my family and I have to pay to make someone elses' life better too? I have no problem with some of my tax dollars going to help others but where is the balance? We have all of these programs, we get more and more programs, and get more and more taxes and fees? Other than death, when or how does it end? When did we stop being a responsible country?

I'm just in a really pi$$y mood because after doing two shows and a couple server installs next month I will finally have enough time to do my taxes. Time to start another thread.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: