Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building » Plug Building - Got Wood?

Plug Building - Got Wood? Got Plug?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2005, 07:04 AM   #1
NIB

What paints.

With the warm temps over the weekend I broke out the airbrush for the first time in like 2 yrs.I love the gun but usin cans is so much easier.I started goin buck nutty mixin up colors.as my dual action didn't wanna co-operate an i had to go to a older cup gun.I got lazy cleaning it out an started getting some cool effects.Some of the pearlized colors didn't wanna spray. they worked ok when i was foolin around practicing on sat On sunday when i went to paint it was cooler an the paints didn't wanna work as well especially the pearly ones.had to constantly clear the gun an cup,I mostly use the createx air brush paints.they seem the most gun user friendly. i got some other cool stuffin little glass bottles all pearlized they sprayed well before but I think as I got to the bottom of the bottles they would get more pearly an they would jam up.What do u guys use for paints.does any body use the Auto Air line from createx?Do u think the cold also makes airbrush paint coagulate even though thinned.would a little electric heater in the immediate area help?who here mixes there own colors.I know BM does quite honestly he's the only one I ever saw that blends an fogs better than I do.I can only imagine what goes on during paint day in his cave.forget turning a Pike U wanna see him Paint.that would be a lesson in madness....
NIB is offline   Reply With Quote