Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-13-2009, 09:59 AM   #1
Fly Rod

Mastermind

Is the President giving rights to the terroist that had masterminded 9/11 by having him and four others tried in an American court instead of a military tribrunal court of which they would gladly plead guilty too.

Will they try to make a mockery of the American judicial system which already is a laugh when trying Americans for crimes?

The words that they use when speaking in front of cameras may entice people of the muslim community to take up a Jihad such as the case of the Muslim Jihadist Terrorist, murderer of American military personal on our own soil under Obama's watch..

JD, you got me to use that word that you prefer to call him. You must have baited me to use that word. I will have to research past blogs to see how you managed to make me use that word.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:32 AM   #2
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post
Is the President giving rights to the terroist that had masterminded 9/11 by having him and four others tried in an American court instead of a military tribrunal court of which they would gladly plead guilty too.

Will they try to make a mockery of the American judicial system which already is a laugh when trying Americans for crimes?

The words that they use when speaking in front of cameras may entice people of the muslim community to take up a Jihad such as the case of the Muslim Jihadist Terrorist, murderer of American military personal on our own soil under Obama's watch..

JD, you got me to use that word that you prefer to call him. You must have baited me to use that word. I will have to research past blogs to see how you managed to make me use that word.
It's funny. In listening to your "rile the Right" commentators (as I refuse to believe you came up with this topic on your own), did they mention how much of a giant cluster *uck the military tribunals were when Bush tried to order them? There are huge gaping jurisdictional issues and people tried in a tribunal have a better chance of not seeing a day in court, as opposed to if they are tried in a federal court. There are multiple lawsuits going on at the moment over the legality of trying people in Guantanamo by tribunal.

Did you do any investigation into this issue, or were you just listening to the radio on the way into work and was like "yeah, that Obama pisses me off and helping terrorists"?

You guys are really reaching.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:17 AM   #3
Fly Rod

JD, I do not drive into work. I would get a headache if I had to drive to work. You assume to much.

You still do not believe he is a terrorist? I do not try to rile feathers.

When I am in my vechicle I listen to WBZ they do not say to much they are a liberal news network and they do not want to rile the administratration.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:04 PM   #4
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
It's funny. In listening to your "rile the Right" commentators (as I refuse to believe you came up with this topic on your own), did they mention how much of a giant cluster *uck the military tribunals were when Bush tried to order them? There are huge gaping jurisdictional issues and people tried in a tribunal have a better chance of not seeing a day in court, as opposed to if they are tried in a federal court. There are multiple lawsuits going on at the moment over the legality of trying people in Guantanamo by tribunal.

Did you do any investigation into this issue, or were you just listening to the radio on the way into work and was like "yeah, that Obama pisses me off and helping terrorists"?

You guys are really reaching.

dude...you are Archie Bunker...lash out at anyone that "don't think like yous' "...from your bark-o-lounger...everyone is an "ignorameous" except for yous' .....
Old 11-13-2009, 12:06 PM   #5
buckman

No good can come of this. At the very least it should be done after the war. Their lawyers will ask for everything from water boarding to intell reports. This is beyond stupid. I wonder what other motives the Administration could have?
Old 11-13-2009, 03:35 PM   #6
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post

Feds move to seize 4 mosques, tower linked to Iran
Feds move to seize 4 mosques, tower linked to Iran - Yahoo! News

Yeah, the current administration has some secret agenda to shield Muslims from the rest of our society. Good thing they keep walking on eggshells as not to offend the Islamic community.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:49 PM   #7
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
Feds move to seize 4 mosques, tower linked to Iran
Feds move to seize 4 mosques, tower linked to Iran - Yahoo! News

Yeah, the current administration has some secret agenda to shield Muslims from the rest of our society. Good thing they keep walking on eggshells as not to offend the Islamic community.
I'm sure this is at odds with what the Sec. of State had planned. This isn't going to help with the diplomacy route. However, that was never going to work anyways so score one for common sense
Old 11-13-2009, 04:24 PM   #8
spence

I had to search long and hard, about 6 seconds at least, using obscure tools like the Google, to determine that the cases will be tried under the Military Commissions process established under President Bush.

-spence
Old 11-13-2009, 05:09 PM   #9
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I had to search long and hard, about 6 seconds at least, using obscure tools like the Google, to determine that the cases will be tried under the Military Commissions process established under President Bush.

-spence
From what I understand is the trial is to be held in civilian court. Are you tring to say this is Bush's idea Spence? They never would step foot on American soil let alone NY, if Bush had his way. Nice try.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:07 PM   #10
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
From what I understand is the trial is to be held in civilian court. Are you tring to say this is Bush's idea Spence? They never would step foot on American soil let alone NY, if Bush had his way. Nice try.
Nice try? How about you try the Google...

-spence
Old 11-15-2009, 01:37 PM   #11
JohnnyD

Quite honestly, I don't care how he's charged as long as he's given a death sentence.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:03 PM   #12
buckman

Well I hate to take this thread back to the case at hand, but it appears they will plead not guilty and then use the trial as a means of spreading there veiws of America and explain their reasons for the attack..... stay tuned