Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building » Plug Building - Got Wood?

Plug Building - Got Wood? Got Plug?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2012, 06:46 PM   #1
Saltheart

Where to put biscuits on a chess board.

I am building a table and at the center will be a chess boartd. It will have 64 squares each 2 3/8 square and 3/4 inches thick. As a chess board alone I would probably just glue it up but as a table top center , I am thinking of using biscuits to join the squares.

Would you use biscuits? If yes , where would you put the biscuits? If I put one on each side of every square it totals aredficulous 256 biscuits!

Anyway , thoughts? Suggestions?

One Idea I have is to just use a relatively few biscuits to hlp align the surfaces and put a piece of hardwood plywood under the middle to support the squares. This plywood would be hidden by a skirt that will run along the underside of the finished table.

Anyway , this is my first "big" project outside of pens and bell handle kits , etc . so curious what the real experienced woodworkers would do.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote