Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 12-15-2010, 08:01 PM   #1
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
US Postal Service

Anyone had any bad dealings with deliveries with USPS ?
And if so where item was lost or delivered when no one home (possibly someone walked off with a package) how do they handle it ?
Thanks

LETS GO BRANDON
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:31 PM   #2
freebie

I had them lose some concert tickets on me once. They delivered them two days after the concert. I didn't get my money back and missed the concert(sold out). Was the package you were waiting for insured? If it's something you purchased with a credit card or paypal you might be able to talk to them. good luck.
freebie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:51 PM   #3
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebie View Post
I had them lose some concert tickets on me once. They delivered them two days after the concert. I didn't get my money back and missed the concert(sold out). Was the package you were waiting for insured? If it's something you purchased with a credit card or paypal you might be able to talk to them. good luck.

used paypal

LETS GO BRANDON
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:09 PM   #4
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

It may not be too late to "request a signature" for the delivery.

And they should be able to do a "hold" on it too, if no ones' home, then you can pick it up at your convenience.

...it finally happened, there are no more secret spots
bloocrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:41 AM   #5
Raven

other than building a lockable
packages box

thefts are running high this season
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:27 AM   #6
Rockfish9

I've been fortunate.... when I get things delivered, they put them in the breeze way and close the gate... outoif site... when i send things i am worried about or need proof of delivery... I always send signature required...

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:36 AM   #7
Plum Crazy

My postmistress is a witch. She is wicked nit-picky. If I need one small piece of tape she insists on me buying a whole roll instead of offering me a tiny piece off the GIANT roll she has on her counter.
Once I received a package and it was stamped POSTAGE DUE. I said NO WAY I paid shipping on this. It was in one of their boxes turned inside out (recycled) and a corner was ripped which showed the telltale red and blue stripes. I asked her what she was doing looking at my mail anyway. I had to pay the price of the box. She told me that those are postal property and those boxes cannot be used again. I think she was smoking something. That's wacked. I also think it is just her and not the entire postal system.

"It's not about the fish, it's about fishing for the fish. The fish is gravy."
Plum Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:48 AM   #8
WESTPORTMAFIA

I shipped 2 ebay packages both to Cali one day. And go figure the only time I didn't insure and track both packages never made it to their destination and I had to refund the buyers.
WESTPORTMAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:02 PM   #9
Saltheart

Some postal workers are totally customer friendly and some are ball busters. No doubt some are disgruntled about something at work and take it out on the customers. Overall , the ones at my post office are very good right now. That changes with time though. I remember about 6 or 7 years ago , we had the wicked Witch too.

You may be screwed on the missing package exceot for the PayPal protection. Other than that , I doubt you'll get anywhere with the post office. I once shipped a package the receiving party claimed they never got. I put in a claim on the insurance I had purchsed at the PO. After like 6 weeks I got a rejection on the claim because the receiving people refused to sign a form saying they didn't get it! They didn't mind stealing from me but they weren't going to lie on a Post Office form and face the FBI. It was so obvious they had stolen the package but the post office just said no insurance payoff and bye bye.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:38 PM   #10
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plum Crazy View Post
Once I received a package and it was stamped POSTAGE DUE. I said NO WAY I paid shipping on this. It was in one of their boxes turned inside out (recycled) and a corner was ripped which showed the telltale red and blue stripes. I asked her what she was doing looking at my mail anyway. I had to pay the price of the box. She told me that those are postal property and those boxes cannot be used again. I think she was smoking something. That's wacked. I also think it is just her and not the entire postal system.
This is actually pretty common. You can't reuse the Priority Mail boxes. Ridiculous? Definitely, but would you expect any less from a Gov't managed organization.
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:49 PM   #11
Piscator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
This is actually pretty common. You can't reuse the Priority Mail boxes. Ridiculous? Definitely, but would you expect any less from a Gov't managed organization.
Priority boxes are FREE but they are free because you pay a premium for priority shipping and can only be used for that purpose. I'm sure you can re-use them but only if they are shipped via priority.

Priority boxes used to be blank on the inside but people would go to the post office and get as many "free" priority boxes as they needed and would flip them inside out and ship normal parcel post. Now priority boxes are printed on both side so that it can't be done anymore.

I don't work for the post office but my company makes all kinds of mail & ship supplies and this was a huge issue for the corrugate box industry.

I still don't think that you should have been charged (doesn't seem fair).

PS. My post office and delivery person are great.

Sorry for the hyjack Ronnie, might not help with this situation but if you already haven't, I would talk to your Postman just to let them know what happened................

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"
Piscator is offline   Reply With Quote