Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 06-12-2006, 01:16 PM   #1
Van
zoom

Credit Card Fraud

Tried to use by Bank o' America card and it was denied. WTF???

I called BoA to find out why. They listed several internet transactions that put an alarm up in their system. An online hotel booking, Gap online purchases and a couple of others.
HOLY CRAP,,,,,, NONE OF THOSE ARE MINE !!!!

I never thought it would happen but it did. They froze my card and did not pay those charges (somehow they knew they were bad). They cancelled that number and are issuing me new cards.

Kudos to BoA, I wonder how much stuff could have been charged had they not flagged them...I also hope they nail those bastages for CC fraud....

~..~..~.. ><((((º>
Things done at the last possible minute are done with the greatest possible information. Procrastination is, therefore, the most efficient means of doing things.
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 01:19 PM   #2
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

It sucked that your immediate use was denied, but great they were all over it like stink On S*%&.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 06:56 PM   #3
Van
zoom

Ok this is getting out of hand now. More charges are showing up every day and now I have to start a fraud claim becuase these charges are getting through as if they are mine. BOA is being cool, but now I have to sign affidavits that they will mail to me. meanwhile the charges stay on my card until its cleared up.

They said new cards are on their way, but i can't by any fishing equipment until they arrive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope this don't get worse

~..~..~.. ><((((º>
Things done at the last possible minute are done with the greatest possible information. Procrastination is, therefore, the most efficient means of doing things.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:23 PM   #4
Raven

Angry identity theft

is now the number one crime in america. thats a bummer Van.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 10:02 AM   #5
timf

You should check your other accounts and also get credit reports from Experian/Equifax/TransUnion. If they have your SSN then they can open up cards without you knowing. The reports are free (don't buy the upgrades) and can be done once a year. Hopefully it is just BoA and not identity theft. GL.
timf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 02:26 PM   #6
Slick Moedee

Too bad they couldn't have OKed the hotel reservation and then staked out the room.

"Why yes sir, we have your reservaiton right here, cuffem Danno."
Slick Moedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 02:51 PM   #7
reelecstasy
Boston Anglah

Location: Sitting on top of the world with my legs hangin free
My room was sweet Van, thanks buddy and the new VS will be put to good use... I always wanted a rolex too

Used hard and put away dirty....
reelecstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:37 PM   #8
Van
zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by timf
You should check your other accounts and also get credit reports from Experian/Equifax/TransUnion. If they have your SSN then they can open up cards without you knowing. The reports are free (don't buy the upgrades) and can be done once a year. Hopefully it is just BoA and not identity theft. GL.

Everything has checked out clean they never got my SS number so no identity theft.

Got my new card and straightened out a couple of more issues. All is well. used it to buy 200$ of boat gas today

Chris glad you enjoyed those GOODIES !!!! Better hide under the porch, they are on their way. SORRY>....

~..~..~.. ><((((º>
Old 06-21-2006, 08:33 PM   #9
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
[QUOTE=Van]Everything has checked out clean they never got my SS number so no identity theft.

Got my new card and straightened out a couple of more issues. All is well. used it to buy 200$ of boat gas today

Only $200, you must have a samll tank in your boat Van !!!

LETS GO BRANDON
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:03 AM   #10
bluzjamer

Send a message via AIM to bluzjamer Send a message via Yahoo to bluzjamer
Equifax got hacked recently, lost lots of numbers.
This never ends.
bluzjamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:34 AM   #11
Raven

Thumbs down its even worse

90 -95 percent of businesses get hacked but the public rarely hears about it because they dont want you to know....it lowers their stock
value and it undermines the whole company. America is being hacked by foriegn countries daily....and its time we make some changes.
the penalties should be ten times as severe. it's way out of control.
it makes the imigration issue seem meaningless. people don't have to
migrate here illegally to steal our money so why should they bother.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 06:59 AM   #12
Van
zoom

[QUOTE=Raider Ronnie]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van
Everything has checked out clean they never got my SS number so no identity theft.

Only $200, you must have a samll tank in your boat Van !!!

Half a tank !!!!

~..~..~.. ><((((º>
Old 06-22-2006, 07:00 AM   #13
Van
zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven
90 -95 percent of businesses get hacked but the public rarely hears about it because they dont want you to know....it lowers their stock
value and it undermines the whole company. America is being hacked by foriegn countries daily....and its time we make some changes.
the penalties should be ten times as severe. it's way out of control.
it makes the imigration issue seem meaningless. people don't have to
migrate here illegally to steal our money so why should they bother.

SO nowadays they can steal more with a mouse finger than with a trigger finger !!!!!!!!!!

~..~..~.. ><((((º>
Old 06-22-2006, 07:23 AM   #14
crash
Professional dumba$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van
SO nowadays they can steal more with a mouse finger than with a trigger finger !!!!!!!!!!
With a lower chance of getting caught...
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:43 PM   #15
Island Girl

That's good news they did'nt get your SS# Van.

My friend is going through the same B.S.. Her family owns a buisness and they found out two days ago that someone got 40,000 dollars from their account.... It's pretty scary to know that people can get access to all your info. and take you for a ride...It takes a real scumbag to do that to someone.
Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote