Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 08-23-2004, 09:35 PM   #1
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Waa waaa waahh

Kerry's running mate, Sen. John Edwards, said Sunday that Bush was facing "a moment of truth" regarding the group's ads.

Minutes after Bush spoke Monday, Edwards responded, "The moment of truth came and went, and the president still couldn't bring himself to do the right thing.

"We need a president with the strength and integrity to say when something is wrong. Instead of hiding behind a front group, he needs to take responsibility and demand that the ad come off the air. It's funded by his supporters and casts one of Bush's own campaign officials" -- an apparent reference to a volunteer adviser for the Bush campaign who resigned after appearing in the ad.

"President Bush, it's time to do the right thing," Edwards said.

- In other words, we Dems can collect 3 times as much 527 money as you and run all the nasty adds we want. Hell, we can even make a Hollywood movie that mis-represents the truth, but Pres Bush, if anybody runs a nasty add against John Kerry, you'd better stop it.
Kerry and Edwards are still collecting paychecks from the Senate while they spend 100% of their time campaiging, Bush still has a "real" job and needs to run the country.
Edwards and Kerry are such a bunch of sissys.
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 06:36 AM   #2
SBASS1

And they still collect 100% of their salery from the Senate until the day they die Tax free!
SBASS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 07:08 AM   #3
spence

There's some whining going on, but I highly doubt there was ever any coordination between Michael Moore's film and anyone from the Democratic party. Moveon.org perhaps...

I think the reason they are pushing so hard on this is because this is the exact same thing done to John McCain in 2000. Bush would state publicly that he felt McCain's service was noble and honorable, while he refused to directly denounce the shameful ads. The language used to describe Kerry today is the exact same they used to describe McCain in 2000. The damage done to McCain was very real and completely discusting.

This is the problem. Bush can denounce 527's all day long but if Bush believes the Kerry's service was truely honorable, how can he stand by and let Kerry be smeared by ads that clearly have untruths and distrotions?

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 07:54 AM   #4
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

"This is the problem. Bush can denounce 527's all day long but if Bush believes the Kerry's service was truely honorable, how can he stand by and let Kerry be smeared by ads that clearly have untruths and distrotions? '

Why? because those swift boat vets have a right to voice their opinions, they served just as honorably as Kerry. They are not breaking any law and whether they are backed by Repubs or not, it does not matter. Kerry or Edwards have NEVER denounced Moore's film nor has Bush asked them too. My opinion aside, Kerry has been way too quiet on this and I beleive it will cost him a lot of votes. He should release the records if the allegations are false.
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 02:30 PM   #5
Nebe

Quote:
Originally posted by RIJIMMY
He should release the records if the allegations are false.
I believe he has released them but i hve been wrong before
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote