Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 04-07-2004, 12:05 PM   #1
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Angry On The MSN Front Page.......

They have got a headline that reads as follows......"Fiercest Fighting In Iraq Since Wars End!"..... What the H-E-double toothpicks do those morons think is going on over there!?!?!? Do they think we are playing tittilly-winks for crying out loud???

Damn, I miss the smilie menu!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 08:02 AM   #2
Raven

time for neutron

bomb
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 08:25 AM   #3
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Raven, I almost wonder sometimes if that is the answer......those people are simply animals!!! Wipe them off the face of the planet and build a parking lot in the middle east. What ever happened to the good old days when we did battle with someone, kicked their ass and then when it was over we left? Oh no, now we have to rebuild everything and make nicie nicie! Hang around as a police situation, and see that a government transition is completed, and at what cost? American lives, that is the cost! Once our objective was met, (capturing all of those in the deck of cards, or at least most of them including taking out Saddam) we should have said "thanks for the great time but we are finished here"! Instead we stay there shoveling #^&#^&#^&#^&e' against the tide trying to force something down their throats that they do not want!

Old 04-09-2004, 08:46 AM   #4
Raven

Cool not to sound like

striperman's post but ..have you ever herded a hog? i mean a 6 hundred pound hog....( I have many times) you have to use a big ole piece of plywood to do it. (visual barrior)
you can try and steer them in the right direction and back them up
but no matter what you do..... they are going to go in their "OWN" direction.
so no disrespect to our men in the service intended but i view the war very distainfully because it reminds me of trying to herd pigs.

we have technology that our tax dollars have paid for that could be utilized to a greater extent rather than the tried and true hand to hand or urban warfare. These dudes were literally born fighting and its all they know so in that respect we are at a disadvantage. I listen to jay severin on 9.69 fm talk radio and he keeps wishing truman was alive and saying "where is harry truman when ya need him?" ...calling for a major whipe out
with one bomb destroying a whole city. I also read about Albert Einstien regretting having told the powers to be about thermo nuclear or at the time atomic theory.
Old 04-09-2004, 04:37 PM   #5
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Nuclear bombs kill everyone in a mile radius in a nanosecond (that's one billionth of a second). Too quick and painless.

If they carry out that threat to burn those 3 Japanese hostages alive, we should pull out those MOAB things they demostrated at the start of the war and return the favor. No messy radioactivity afterwards, either.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 07:57 PM   #6
28inches

Mike, I agree 100%. Pick a few mosques to use as aiming points, then let 'em rip. Maybe we should open a second front on Atlantic Ave in Brooklyn using slightly more precision type weapons. I hate to generalize, but what a filthy, low-down bunch of miserable
bastages they are.
28inches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 01:58 AM   #7
Fish_n_Dive

Send a message via AIM to Fish_n_Dive
i think iraq could use a really big lake now where to get the water

If I don't have anything to do with the water, It ain't worth doing.
Fish_n_Dive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 07:07 AM   #8
beachwalker
Below Me

Gotta put my foot in the door here gentlemen.

Bigfish, it is aggressive and ignorant statements that make this world such a lousy place to live in. Do you contemplate your outbursts before you type them ?

Upon the build up by the current administration to "invade" Iraq the main issue was whether or not the Hussein regime posssessed WMD's. If they did, I and I believe most of the world, would have been relieved and supportive of an incursion to root them out. THEY DID NOT HAVE THEM.

BUSH AND HIS CRONIES LIED. NOW THEY ARE IN THERE MEETING ENOUGH RESISITANCE TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE IT IS TIME TO PUT THE HAMMER DOWN AND THEY STILL CAN'T SEEM TO GET IT DONE.

Get realistic any of you that think this is another "We are so friggin tough" army game.

Hope you can deal with the fact that negative world opinion and body bags will be on the rise and old George and his boys will be done come November.

Time to pull out of another folly.

Last edited by beachwalker; 04-10-2004 at 12:25 PM..
beachwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 11:09 AM   #9
beachwalker
Below Me

Now Bigfish,

Before you freak on me make note that when I use the word ignorance it means you are unknowing and NOT unlearned or stupid.

I am unknowing on a regular basis
Old 04-10-2004, 01:48 PM   #10
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Beachwalker.........Beachwalker, Beachwalker, Beachwalker......not gonna go off on you because I did not say that they "should" turn the place into a parking lot.....I said, "sometimes I wonder if they should". Big difference there, wouldn't you say? However I will stick by my statement that I believe that the Iraqi people are nothing but animals and rabid vermin, due mostly to the type of Governing powers that they have had in place these many years. Without someone telling them what to do, those people can not decide whether to eat a milky way bar or kill someone!!!! I agree it is time to beg off that situation my friend. Please re-read my initial post.

Old 04-10-2004, 05:00 PM   #11
Raven

Arrow there is the known...........................

and then there is the ->unknown........ which becomes known after a period of time ...... even still ...it is all but an illusion.
Old 04-10-2004, 05:42 PM   #12
beachwalker
Below Me

I did and I am not retracting a thing.

Ain't no time to hate. calling people vermin, etc. is your perogative. I just can't agree with it.

Don'y worry. I know I have the problem.

I can live with it........
Old 04-10-2004, 06:00 PM   #13
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Beachwalker, you know me too well. Its no fun argueing with you anymore. Beachwalker, I wish more than anything on this planet that all mankind could just get along and live in harmony, sharing all that they have with one another......I wish I knew how far this maniacal behavior must go on before man brings this planet to its collective knees and kills it for all time. I do not believe that violence is the answer for anything, maybe someday we (mankind) will start to learn from its mistakes. I seriously think that someday it will be too late for that, I truely believe that mankind is tremendously ignorant and too full of greed and the endless desire for power. Fools!

Old 04-10-2004, 06:03 PM   #14
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Larry, BW, Raven, I'm jumping in too....
Cant resist a good political debate

Anyways.. Larry, I liked your statement " Oh no, now we have to rebuild everything and make nicie nicie! Hang around as a police situation, and see that a government transition is completed, and at what cost? American lives, that is the cost!"

We should have no reason for rebuilding Iraq, because we didnt belong there in the first place... we are spending uncomprehendable amounts of money that could go for better uses (education, environment, take your pick, but should be spent at home on good things) not on a war based entirely on bad information and a political agenda... I truly believe that Saddam never had WMD's... with all out technology I beleive if they were there Hans Blich (sp) and the boys would have found them, and yes if they existed, go in and do what needs to be done to make the world a better place.. Otherwise, there has been unrest in that part of the world for millenia, and that probably wont change anytime soon... so we should keep out of it, we're like the big bully getting into another kid's fight...

The problem with bombing them as a whole; Yeah the 1mi radius death rate is 100% but what about the lingering effects (cancer, burns etc) that the people outside that radius; some farmer outside bagdad doesn't deserve that because he lives in a place where a bunch of rebels are causing massive amounts of trouble...

As far as Bush and co. lying; I don't trust him one bit; he did ok around 9/11 and handled a tough time in the country OK., but now he f'ed up and I dont think it is going to pay off in November, as I think if this crap keeps rearing it's head in Iraq the public is going to want a change....

And BW, if you have a problem, aparently I do to... I have to look over alot of left ground before I can see the center or the right....

Bryan
"Anyone but Bush '04"

Rememer, opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks! Politics aside, I'd still fish with any of ya... just no talking politics

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 06:06 PM   #15
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

I like your arguement RIR.....one thing I would like to know is....remember all of that US currency that they found at the beginning of this conflict/battle/war?????? 600 million dollars I think it was???? Anybody know where that went???? Kind of disappeared without much fanfare don't you think????

Old 04-10-2004, 06:09 PM   #16
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

My conspironcy speculation; that 600,000,000 clams (i like typing out them 0's) went into a secret US slush fund to pay for black ops, secret spy stuff (ie. spy games, clear and present danger etc..)

It sure as hell didnt go back to directly financing more body armour for our troops... I hope to hell we get out of there fast...

Bryan

"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 04-10-2004, 06:10 PM   #17
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

We agree across the board there RIR!

Old 04-10-2004, 06:13 PM   #18
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Well well, did the left and right just agree? did mike moore and pat buchanan just hug?

Unfortunetly this is fast becoming the vietnam of my generation, lets just hope it never reaches the same scale of human lives lost...

Bryan

Old 04-10-2004, 06:15 PM   #19
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Back to the origin of this post...RIR, did you get a load of that MSN headline???? In the original thread starting post??? What do you think of that little bit of editorial ignorance????

Old 04-10-2004, 06:18 PM   #20
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

I think that they are refering to the fact that good ole' W called the war "officially" over to make it look like a shorter war, but yeah it's still war, whether we call it that or not... ok, enough debate till tommorow, gotta go out, getting the look of death from the woman

Have fun and play nice boys...

Bryan

Old 04-10-2004, 09:02 PM   #21
beachwalker
Below Me

Bigfish,Oak and all,

good info amd opinions. Big fish I hear you. appropriate question about the 6 mil.

Man is a greedy basstard. it seems nothing can help us from the consequences of a market based economy but, whatever......

I definetly agree with Oak and I can add that I was really hoping that WMD's were found so there would be some credence to this horrible situation.

I am all choked up now

Last edited by beachwalker; 04-10-2004 at 09:22 PM..
Old 04-10-2004, 09:31 PM   #22
Nebe

What I would really like to know is this- would we have gone though all this trouble if Iraq didnt have any oil??? I dont think so and I bet this conflict is an attempt to get our hands into OPEC though the back door..
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 09:33 PM   #23
beachwalker
Below Me

like, "No blood for oil, you know, like totally........"

just bisting Eben it's Saturday on Easter weekend, like you know........

Old 04-10-2004, 09:36 PM   #24
Nebe

fo shizzle

lachapele is on and I'm laughing my cahones off
Old 04-10-2004, 09:36 PM   #25
beachwalker
Below Me

buh jizzle

know what i'm sayin ?
Old 04-10-2004, 09:38 PM   #26
Nebe

ohh no
Old 04-10-2004, 09:42 PM   #27
beachwalker
Below Me

hehe

eben, the funniest thing I have come across this year is the shizzolator ! f^ckin thing rules !

Now chapele. guy is funny, eh ?
Old 04-10-2004, 09:48 PM   #28
Nebe

We're hijacking

dave chapele is one funny dude.. on the televizzle right now-
Old 04-11-2004, 07:04 AM   #29
Raven

human torches

on easter sunday ...... what kinda sauce...? ahh a-1 bomb sauce
Old 04-13-2004, 09:09 PM   #30
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Well, boys and girls....can you say Viet Nam?

I thought you could....yup, it's that Mekong Delta blues riff all over again, dudes.

"There is no royal road to this heavy surf-fishing. With all the appliances for comfort experience can suggest, there is a certain amount of hard work to be done and exposure to be bourne as a part of the price of success." From "Striped Bass," Scribner's Magazine, 1881.
Crafty Angler is offline   Reply With Quote