Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 03-29-2011, 04:36 PM   #1
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

The new corporate America

Eff American Express. The treat their people like crap. My SO has been there for almost four years, on travel side, mostly as a gm. Past three years there have been reorgs. She didn't survive this one... Cut over thirty from service positions while the twenty something year old MBAs with no real world experience do their charts and set expectations that are unrealistic... She gave above and beyond, yet these young managers don't have a clue as to what goes on in the trenches. Even took a downgrade in level(and pay) last year, yet had the same responsibilities....and her boss would not document reasons for the downgrade. Their whole culture sucks. Eff them. Considering legal action.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:41 PM   #2
basswipe

I feel your pain but your thread title doesn't indicate an AXP grump,it indicates a grump with America herself,corporate or not.

Be more specific in the title as you spelled America incorrectly and that could be taken as an insult.
basswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:56 PM   #3
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

I think a lot of what's wrong in America is corporate America, which has given rise to the "k". The corporate America of old was something that was admired, as were the corporate heads.... Not now. Too many are now run by the too young, foreign born, American educated generation that can't see beyond their own gain, and totally lack the old school, people skills.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:29 PM   #4
Backbeach Jake

Slave shops, every friggin' one of them. The youngster's who come in all hot have no idea how theyll be mined for everything they ever thought they'd earn..They are the Judas goats and will be slaughtered as well in the end..

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:04 PM   #5
striperman36
Old Guy

Unfortunately all of the above is true.

the ultimate quote is 'Shareholder Value' as a reason for reorg's and offshoring.
striperman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:33 PM   #6
basswipe

All I ask is just spell America properly.....there are way to many young folk dying in its name.Spell it right,please.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:40 PM   #7
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Just tried. Can't find a way to change title....

But not meant to offend. Just trying to call attention to what is happening to America...on our watch.

Old 03-30-2011, 04:34 PM   #8
basswipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Just tried. Can't find a way to change title....

But not meant to offend. Just trying to call attention to what is happening to America...on our watch.
No offense taken by me.Trust me I know how you feel...I've had issues with Chase,BOA and especially Citizens Bank most recently,check out this thread:
http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripert...ank-shady.html
Old 05-17-2011, 02:42 PM   #9
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

She had her job extended this month to Dec 6, servicing another account that is leaving AXP. Today they told her, sorry. June 17 is last day...... American Express sucks.