Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 01-27-2011, 04:12 AM   #1
UserRemoved
GrayBeards

Wheres the plows

3:30 am my road was completely untouched save for some douche that had just gone by swinging his rear end like a friggin idiot. 10"

Hartford Ave which is a main was driven on by two cars previous to me. No plows. It's 3" an hour here easy right now. You clear the windshield and it's 1" again by the time you turn around. I passed two people shoveling the end of their driveway at 3:20 LOL. The red in the pic is a mailbox marker.

I passed the state plows just sitting on the side street like they hadn't even been called out yet.

Very intense storm

Plugshop is open. I don't have time to play tiddlywinks.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0127010335sm.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	44103  
UserRemoved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:47 AM   #2
Raven

it's a friggan white out and them plow Dudes
can't even see where to plow.

I was blowin a trail to the other row of Bird feeders Scott
on the left side of the house figgerin it's now or Never because the snow was deeper than the toro was tall.... suddenly i notice the cover
of the friction disks is trailing behind dragging like a roto tiller rear smoother blade... and i'm sayin , what the F" them guys didn't tighten that sucker?

turns out the hole for the mounting bolt on the left side is completely broken off and the right bolt is missing. So i go get tools and fix it.

last week it was NOON, and the plows had not been down my road yet
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:31 AM   #3
FishermanTim

When they spend untold thousands upon thousands on whimpy flurries, it doesn't leave much in the budget for the rest of the season.
I guess they state, cities and towns basd their snow-removal budget on the "global-warming" trend we've all been experiencing.

Remember the mid '90s?
We had some heatwave summers followed by extremely snowy winters. The funny part was that we didn't get dumped on all at once, but in storm after storm, kind of like this year.
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote