Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 01-25-2005, 02:02 PM   #1
Karl F

Angry OK...enuf, is enuf

official 36 inches down here,,, 6-8 inches more forecasted for Wed/Wed night... another go around comin' Sunday...

cut the chit, i've had enuf
Karl F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 02:43 PM   #2
vineyardblues

It's a good thing you know where to pick up some Budwisers
Hang in old buddy ><> ><> ><>
VB
vineyardblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 04:28 PM   #3
fishweewee

Send a message via AIM to fishweewee
Lightbulb

2 words Karl.

ROAD

TRIP

fishweewee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 05:34 PM   #4
fishsmith
DDG-51

added grumpage is my snowblower that I kept putting off getting fixed. I can hear it laughing at me as I keep on f^%&^&^@%ing shoveling.
fishsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 06:03 PM   #5
capesams
Really Old & Really Grumpy

I'll have something to cut that white !!!!! tommorrow...no more shovelin

BOAT fish do count.
capesams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 06:04 PM   #6
Backbeach Jake

Quote:
Originally posted by fishsmith
added grumpage is my snowblower that I kept putting off getting fixed. I can hear it laughing at me as I keep on f^%&^&^@%ing shoveling.
We should put off starting a support group. I really felt dumb when I had to squeeze past the broken snow blower to get at the shovel
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 07:06 PM   #7
Karl F

Angry

my road is a nightmare... ever see a 4 wheel drive articulated front end loader stuck for over an hour... steep hill down, then steep hill up, he got stuck on his way out... finally wriggled his way back tried using the bucket to help pull himsel up, tried backing up the other hill and flying up, tried plowing more off the road..... finally cuts a path into the wood, digs up some dirt, spreads it ahead of him, backs down, repeat, repeat, so, one vehicle width, drifts and piles on either side higher than my f150, lumpy snowy, dirt mess.. more snow to come on top of that.. guy said don't call him no more, to boot

CS, you getting a plow???? come find me

This last one was a real rare one, what a back breaker.....
hope to never see the record broke again.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:15 PM   #8
capesams
Really Old & Really Grumpy

no plowage....bite an spit....tired of these clowns using my yard an driveway as a dumping ground for 3 roads.

BOAT fish do count.
capesams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 07:09 AM   #9
Flaptail

Oh yeah Karl? I got three towns, one school district to clean up each time. Three DPW'S that have had the guys working round the clock since Sunday and a private contractor who has been at the district site for 38 hours and ain't finished. I have been on the phone and in 4 wheel drive in this sh*t for days now and now it's gonna happen again and I don't have anywhere left to put it. I look forward to the day I can retire because when it snows I gotta go no matter how bad as soon as I can dig my ass out my truck is on the road ( if I can find it).

Why even try.........
Flaptail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 12:38 PM   #10
Jimbo

I feel your frustration from six hours away. I have a grandmother in West Dennis who turned 101 on Sunday, but there was no one to celebrate with her because she was snowed in, then she lost power and called it quits for the day and just went to bed. My folks over in Yarmouth had a cake all ready, but it takes a long time for a couple of stubborn retirees who refuse to buy a snowblower or hire someone to clear a path to the road. Of course they weren't going far since the path was only 3 feet wide and the roads aren't clear. So I said, "Sit tight I'll be there in 6 hours and shovel you out." And they tell me stay home, they don't want my help.
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 01:58 PM   #11
Karl F

A Flap.... did you get the National Gaurd to help you out???.. drove by the Orleans Elementary yesterday, they were there with a camo loader and a bunch of trucks, guys with shovels, etc. Heard they were deployed to the midlle school after that.
Schools closed in the Nauset District the rest of this week, based on whats coming know, plus the fact that there is road hazards around where the bus stops used to be. The State and Town has yet to clean up the majority of intersections here, so ya kinda play chicken, sticking your nose into the road your trying to enter.

So, you a desk jockey, phone handler, or are you a hands on, drive the plow, man the snowblower, swing the shovel type of guy ... either way, your probably in the 6 figure range with full bennies, and the summer off.... so ya gotta go when it snows, at least it ain't when the stripes are here
Old 01-26-2005, 09:14 PM   #12
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by Karl F
my road is a nightmare... ever see a 4 wheel drive articulated front end loader stuck for over an hour...
Ya should a had the K 30 wrecka Karl.

" Choose Life "
justplugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 09:38 PM   #13
Karl F

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by justplugit
Ya should a had the K 30 wrecka Karl.
You got that right, my friend!

Especially with the PTO winch, wouldn't a needed a plow, coulda pulled myself up the hill... tree to tree, just like old Fred taught me!
Old 01-27-2005, 06:55 AM   #14
Flaptail

Cool

I am the District Facilities Manager and Project Coordinator. I do all of the above except the actual plowing. I have no staff other than custodians, grounds keepers. I am my own secretary, typist, budget director, coordinator. I oversaw and am overseeing besides my regular job, 162 million in construction at 5 of the six schools in the last 5 years, the last to start next spring at the tune of 8 million. I work 52 a year. Bennies are fabulous but I am on call 24/7/365. My most famous reply to a call was I would love to help you and I will be there when I can but I am 30 miles east of Chatham and it's blowing 25 southwest and the tuna just started to show". They did not appreciate that and was told so. I have been standing in the surf at 2 in the morning at Race Point when my cell phone went off requesting me in Mattapoisett for an emergency. 2/3rd's of my "staff" is special needs. The others are not what you would call self motivators and all are in some form of union that defines what they actually can do and what you can actually make them do. I represent myself. They have three year contracts with guaranteed raises I have a one year with no guarantees. Snow emergencies are specifically covered and is optional for them to respond at time and a half at least if they do with minimums for time ( in for two paid for four) Worst case was I was lying in bed in Washington DC a year ago last August and the phone rang in my hotel room at 3 in the morning and it was the school committee chairman of the district informing me that three schools had been overcome with mold and they needed me home immediatly. It took 2.3 million dollars to clean up that mess and get the schools open on time, thank God the insurance company did the right thing. ( two and a half weeks) I have been at a school on Christmas morning while everyone else is home with thier families (BOILER FAILURE), 4th of July, New years eve, Easter, every holiday and every hour of the day. In 1995 on Martin Luther King weekend I spent 36 hours straight at a school because of a flood and in that same year at Christmas spent 48 hours straight at another cause the roof ripped off (D-Y) because of high winds. Yes I get compensated well though not six figures but each and every moment of each and every day I am thiers whether I am there or not. Well I just finished shoveling myself out and got to go over the bridge and do the schools all over again. See ya. I hate snow.

Why even try.........
Old 01-27-2005, 12:51 PM   #15
bassmaster
Dave's Guide Service

im a %$%$%$%$ing %$%$%$%$

Pro Tool Club....
bassmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 02:20 PM   #16
Flaptail

Does anyone know what BM means? I have no clue.......

Why even try.........
Old 01-27-2005, 02:28 PM   #17
Ed B

If you look at the number of dollar signs BM put up it looks like he spends a large percentage of his time counting his money Steve and can easily afford to send me a plug.
Ed B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 02:46 PM   #18
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally posted by Ed B
If you look at the number of dollar signs BM put up it looks like he spends a large percentage of his time counting his money Steve and can easily afford to send me a plug.
Ya but Ed 401-k's require a 10% penalty for early withdrawal. He has to wait till he's 62

" Choose Life "
justplugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 04:22 PM   #19
Pete F.
Canceled

Just glad I'm in Vt

It only took us 3 hours to clean up the campus after that snowstorm here, course we only had 8 inches and no unions.
Pete

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote