Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 10-28-2004, 11:55 PM   #1
Skip N

Schilling on the campaign trail

Seems Curt Schilling is gonna be campaigning for a certain Republican presidential canditate this week. I always knew there was something about that fellow i liked other than his baseball skills He endorsed W on Good morning America this AM i hear. Not trying to start chit again! just thought it was rather interesting
Skip N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 12:13 AM   #2
BigBo

Tom Brady is also a G.W. supporter.

The future ain't what it used to be. --Yogi Berra
BigBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 12:32 AM   #3
Skip N

Quote:
Originally posted by BigBo
Tom Brady is also a G.W. supporter.
Now that i did not know
Old 10-29-2004, 09:39 AM   #4
Nebe

Of course they would want a republican in office... A democrat's tax hike would cost them hundreds of thousands a year. Hundreds of thousands that could go to schools that are broke, paving roads that are riddled with potholes, or even into programs that save the enviroment.

it would be a shame though if their taxes went up... I mean 12 hummers in the garage... come on!!! I want 15
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 09:46 AM   #5
spence

I found Schillings initial endorsement a bit out of place. He seems like the classic "supports Bush because of religion" sort of guy.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 09:49 AM   #6
Nebe

Sorry but the redsox proved to me many years ago that god would not answer my prayers...
Old 10-29-2004, 10:19 AM   #7
Katie
Scuttlebutt

Send a message via AIM to Katie Send a message via MSN to Katie Send a message via Skype™ to Katie
Angry Re: Schilling on the campaign trail

Quote:
Originally posted by Skip N
Seems Curt Schilling is gonna be campaigning for a certain Republican presidential canditate this week. I always knew there was something about that fellow i liked other than his baseball skills He endorsed W on Good morning America this AM i hear. Not trying to start chit again! just thought it was rather interesting

Wasajigifying -[ was - a - jig-i-fy-ing] - the concept of not knowing what the hell your saying.

My Photography Page!
Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 10:29 AM   #8
Nebe

dont worry katie. Just because someone can throw a ball, doesnt mean they know more than you about what is right and wrong.
And voting for someone soley because of their religous beliefs while ignoring all of the other things, is about the most foolish thing you could do.
Old 10-29-2004, 10:35 AM   #9
Skip N

Yea anyone who believes in God must be a right wing nut Schill is a big military supportor and a HUGE WWII buff. He knows what it takes to crush the terroists and who is best to lead at this time. One other thing fellas, I am not rich and not big into religion either but have strong family and moral values and just think W is the right guy for the job given the current state of the world. Not a time for some liberal policies that always include global summits and all that crap that gets NOTHING done to solve the problem. In this case people who want us ALL dead. Its funny you guys think anyone who supports W is religious nut. Thats like me saying everyone who supports Kerry is tree hugging communist anti war/ anti military moron. I know some are like that but not most. The republican rich guy religous wacko thing is so old and so not true And thats coming from a W supporter who is neither of those things. Give Shill some credit for voicing is opinion. I meen the Left has its celebrities why cant you accept that the right has thiers also
Old 10-29-2004, 10:45 AM   #10
Nebe

Old 10-29-2004, 11:17 AM   #11
Nebe

on a more serious reply-
I have issues with all popular people who use their popularity to spread their political beliefs. Yes i am sure if he indorsed "K" I would be happy, but i am always treating any person who makes millions of $$ a year as suspect who indorses a candidate who is going to fight to save them hundreds of thousands a year in tax cuts. The fact is is that if he did day something positive about a democrat, it would be more believable to me because he would be saying this even though if a democtat id elected, it WOULD cost him hundreds of thousands of $$$
Old 10-29-2004, 11:20 AM   #12
Nebe

Quote:
Originally posted by Skip N
Thats like me saying everyone who supports Kerry is tree hugging communist anti war/ anti military moron.
Yep thats me, and i'm damn proud of it
Old 10-29-2004, 12:20 PM   #13
Skip N

You Commie!!
Old 10-29-2004, 12:22 PM   #14
Skip N

Just remember....The hollywood guys currentlly campaining for Kerry arent accually poor! Springstein,Kutcher,Striesand, P Diddy and all the other ones arent accually in the poor house...Kinda kills your whole argument. Its just not true that all the rich support W.
Old 10-29-2004, 12:34 PM   #15
spence

I don't have a problem with rich people speaking their mind, but the timing of Schills comment was a bit out of place.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 12:44 PM   #16
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Schilling cancelled his appearance with Bush!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 12:57 PM   #17
KLMulder
I fart in your general direction!!!

I think you should take a detailed look at the Tax cuts instead of just listening to the Dem spin machine. It would probably surprise you to know that it was a tax cut for every tax bracket to just the riches 1% as Kerry would like you to believe, the only people who did not get a cut are those who make so little that they don't pay tax to begin with. Those are the people who Kerry keeps saying need a tax cut. My question is if you pay 0% how can you get a tax cut??? Yes the richest 1% got the highest % dollar wise, they should they pay the most in dollar wise. Let me make this as easy a possible for you. You have more plug's than i do so by the Dem reasoning I should give none you should give allot and some how they will give me some of what I did not have in the first place. Why not just send me all of your plug's now.

"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."

Go Yankee's
KLMulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 01:07 PM   #18
Skip N

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFish
Schilling cancelled his appearance with Bush!
No, his doctors said it wasnt a good idea and he should be resting his ankle and not doing campaign stops. he did say his Bush comments were outta place. But he still stands behind W.
Old 10-29-2004, 01:11 PM   #19
Skip N

Well said....It kinda makes sense that someone who makes more money will get more money back! Commom sense people! Not to mention they get screwed enough by paying an insane amount percentage wise. It is there money!!! why cant they get some back aslo??
Old 10-29-2004, 01:18 PM   #20
Nebe

Personally i dont really care much either way. Its the enviroment that i care most about. as an outdoorsman, and an artist, i draw from the outdoors as enjoyment as well as inspiration. the republicans have tried and accomplished in may fields to destroy all the good that Clinton did to try to curb greenhouse gasses, and other forms of polution...
Or, maybe i can put this simpler... our Stripers are being killed every day because of this.

Yes i have a lot of plugs and when I see a kid on the beach who needs one, I will happily give him one. I work hard for my plugs but I know that I have the responsibility to help those out who dont have any...
Old 10-29-2004, 01:25 PM   #21
slapshot

Kerry is a fake. Did anybody see him wearing the BoSox hat? His favorite player is "Manny Ortiz?" Why not just say you don't follow baseball?

I'll bet every member on the team that is registered to vote will vote for Bush. The man is a liar.
slapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 01:27 PM   #22
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Kerry is a fake
Bush is a fake
politicians are all fakes.

get over it.

Ski Quicks Hole
likwid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 01:29 PM   #23
Nebe

Likwid is right...... but which one is the lesser evil?
Old 10-29-2004, 02:50 PM   #24
FishWebb
Rookie

Schilling is an American. Most of the actors in Hollywood are Americans. They have the same rights as you and I... freeedom of speech. They have a vote to use and an opinion. All Americans do. It is your right to vote for who ever you want regaurdless of what anyone else.... famous or not says. So vote for whoever you want to based on what you believe. Then go fishing.

Wherever you go.... there you are!
FishWebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 02:54 PM   #25
fishweewee

Send a message via AIM to fishweewee
Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by Eben
the republicans have tried and accomplished in may fields to destroy all the good that Clinton did to try to curb greenhouse gasses, and other forms of polution...
Or, maybe i can put this simpler... our Stripers are being killed every day because of this.
Huh?

I thought it was PCB's, overfishing, and lack of bait and ME that's killing stripers.

p.s. Eben I'm up in your neck of the woods on Sunday...
fishweewee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 03:41 PM   #26
Nebe

Quote:
Originally posted by fishweewee
Huh?

I thought it was PCB's, overfishing, and lack of bait and ME that's killing stripers.

p.s. Eben I'm up in your neck of the woods on Sunday...
well, yes you have a big part of it, you bass murder you...... but what i'm saying is that the current administration is turning a blind eye to the enviroment. I can see why, were in a war, the economy is sluggish, who cares about the enviroment in times of crisis???? Do you guys know when the snow starts falling in Yellowstone, the gate keepers to the park have to wear resporators and ear protection from all the smog and noise that the snow mobiles produce?? Clinton banned snow mobiles in yellow stone, but you know who has let them back in
Old 10-29-2004, 03:47 PM   #27
fishweewee

Send a message via AIM to fishweewee
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Eben
Clinton banned snow mobiles in yellow stone, but you know who has let them back in
I wish someone would ban jetskis.

You don't that much of a problem with them in Rhody, but oh, man I can tell you stories about them in Long Island. Let me tell you about the time I got spooled...
fishweewee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 03:56 PM   #28
Nebe

actually there is a problem with those things down at NR... they like to wave hop at the mouth and durring the herring run, theres some good fishing there durring daylight. I've been run out of there many times because of those jackass's...

Theres very few things that i hate more than jetski's....

let me know about sunday and i'll try to get out-
Old 10-29-2004, 04:11 PM   #29
bart
Red Eye Jedi

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Eben [/i

Yes i have a lot of plugs and when I see a kid on the beach who needs one, I will happily give him one. I work hard for my plugs but I know that I have the responsibility to help those out who dont have any... [/B]
ima helpless, plugless kid Eben
bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 05:06 PM   #30
28inches

Schilling told Geraldo Rivera that his ankle injury is more serious than any of %$%$%$%$%$%$%$ fake war wounds.
28inches is offline   Reply With Quote