View Single Post
Old 03-08-2022, 04:22 PM   #50
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
this Poll was this March 2022

Americans Largely Favor U.S. Taking Steps To Become Carbon Neutral by 2050
But just 31% want to phase out use of fossil fuels completely

The new Pew Research Center survey of 10,237 U.S. adults conducted from Jan. 24 to 30, 2022, finds that 69% of U.S. adults prioritize developing alternative energy sources, such as wind and solar, over expanding the production of oil, coal and natural gas

https://www.pewresearch.org/science/...utral-by-2050/

Unless you are a one news source person . I can understand why you would think . Liberalism is Just anti fossil fuel . it's what they tell their viewers all the time ... here is 1 example ( Biden's renewable energy rush is making gas prices skyrocket)
it doesn’t matter what people want, if what they want us unrealistic.

those same people are all going berserk right now because of gas prices

i’d never say we shouldn’t develop better alternatives, i’m all for that. but until those alternatives are up to the task of replacing fossil fuels ( and we are nowhere near that point, we are several decades away), fossil fuels will lead the way. That’s a fact. The greenies may hate that fact, it’s still a fact.

While we still use fossil fuels, nations who sell them in abundance, will get rich. The US can get rich, or countries that hate us can get rich. I’d prefer that Americans get rich over people that wish we were all
dead. Do you disagree?

We are several decades away from getting off fossil fuels. Several decades. Solar and wind aren’t even close to ready to replace oil. Not even close.

I have a huge solar panel system on my home roof. i believe in this stuff. But i can also see the limitations. Liberals can’t see the limitations, because they don’t care about reality, they care about ideology.

Facts matter.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device