View Single Post
Old 02-10-2023, 06:19 AM   #29
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmarsh View Post
My niece just passed her pipefitters license exam and I'm thrilled for her.
Shes been working for a sprinkler system company for a couple of years now and shows some great potential. Company gave her a truck and has rewarded her with raises for her work ethic and dependability. She keeps that truck and all her tools so neat and organized im embarrassed for her to see my truck!
Shes had a very tough time as a child....father died when she was four...i did my best to fill in, he was also my best friend, but ....mother remarried and then as a teen she got caught up doing drugs with bad friend and she was also confused or in turmoil over her sexual preference for women. A real mess!
Addicted...living on the streets....selling herself and robbing family members....including my wifes jewelry for drug money. Spent time in jail and then after years of struggle and rehab she's turned her life around. Now a productive and happy person who has a big smile on her beautiful face everytime I see her. Work has given her pride in herself and shes a very hard worker. She says she puts up with a lot of crap from some of the guys......she says theyre mostly jealous and lazy.....unmotivated ones who can barely show up for work on time. Having learned a trade plays a big role in her comeback.
I forgave her for stealing from me a long time ago....her getting better means a lot more to me than the jewelry i bought for my wife. She's alive and happy!
Great post my friend.

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is offline   Reply With Quote