View Single Post
Old 02-02-2023, 01:43 PM   #4
redlite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmarsh View Post
Wow Mike.....I understand your angst. As you know I work for a large contractor in the area.....you might even be talking about one of our houses.
I do the finish work and have no say or control over the subs we hire. If I did we might not get a lot of houses done because most of them suck. I stick to my job..which I do to the best of my ability.
Unfortunately not a lot of young men are interested in working in the trades. It's hard work for sure and the candy ass kids today are too soft to tough it out and learn to do things the right way.
I have a lot more to say on the subject....later
I hear ya on plenty more Bob. I constantly think about that framing pic u posted a bit back of the rock in-between the top plates.

I mean Im sure that others might question why/ how we do some things compared to their own approach. But there would never be an issue in the long run and if there was we stand behind our work and admit when something wrong on our end to correct. These other guys just leave it and some of them I have suggested the home owner go after the other people and they get no response. All these jobs were done in the past 18 months or less and now the home owners are paying for the same thing twice. They seem to operate by the motto that "caulk and paint makes it what it ain't."

The gutters on the big houses were built by the company you work for about 15 yrs ago. I blame that on the subs that did the gutter installs, but again when we pulled up and stood in the driveway and looked up it was obvious clear as day the cause of the problem, so ultimately whoever was in charge should have noticed.
You must have done the stairs in all of em cause they were perfect and issue free and I could tell the level of dedication and attention to detail the went into em. Still No squeaks.

Now I gotta put my auto mechanic hat back on and get back out in the garage since I took the day off to continue repairs on our fleet of cars that are driving me absolutely insanely frustrarting as F.....Cars suck.
redlite is offline   Reply With Quote