View Single Post
Old 11-02-2021, 12:50 PM   #1
Linesider82

Winterizing & winter Storage

I posted a question in the "October Already" thread about mildew bags, basically carbon bags for hanging in boats to suck the moisture out of compartments during the winter. Was wondering if anyone used them? Probably some spring cleaning regardless...

I saw some great ideas for storage. The shelter logic sheds are great and USA made, but won't work for me with my small yard and already having a shed where I would put one. I do believe there are no permits needed for the shelter logic sheds as they are considered temporary (without foundations), although some towns have new zoning stipulations to size, including the town I live in. Mostly, believe it or not, due to children's play ground sets.

anyhow I am using a cover, purchased thru empire covers, it has a 7 year warrantee and fits my boat well.

I plan to winterize my boat, full fluid change, however not fully stored. I am looking for Jan / Feb super calm days to just get out off block or where-ever and look for Cod, maybe just to say I did it. I do think Jan & Feb this year we will experience much milder temps. So even a local northern pike trip is not out of the question.

I would prefer full on winter, hard freeze, break out the tip ups and keep that gear working til spring but I just have a feeling I'll get more boating opportunities than ice, unless I travel for ice.
Linesider82 is offline   Reply With Quote