Thread: Palins Alaska
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 02:00 PM   #101
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
I can't pass this one up. I know there is a lot of negative, potentially racist comments said by Wright, and make no attempt to justify or applaud/condemn them. BUT... this one was such a talking point with the "Obama hates America crowd' that I can't not paste this. I will add, that as a full blown Agnostic, former Catholic, I know many people who sit in the Catholic church every Sunday but do not believe or agree with every single statement said by the priest/minister, and suspect that is the same for many people of many faiths. However, as an Obama supporter in '08, I don't like the fact, that he just didn't switch churches, however I suspect it was a political move to not lose his base when he was running in Chicago.

As far as it being a tired thread, it has been discussed here in previous posts, and I didn't want to rehash my arguments. Whats next? Birth certificates?

Spence just turned 40. I know because there was a surprise party his former fishing partners 9since he doesn't actually fish anymore) weren't invited to

Below was pasted from a Op-ed by Roland Martin, CNN. Bold emphasis added by me.

"I have now actually listened to the sermon Rev. Wright gave after September 11 titled, "The Day of Jerusalem's Fall." It was delivered on Sept. 16, 2001.
ALT TEXT

One of the most controversial statements in this sermon was when he mentioned "chickens coming home to roost." He was actually quoting Edward Peck, former U.S. Ambassador to Iraq and deputy director of President Reagan's terrorism task force, who was speaking on FOX News. That's what he told the congregation.

He was quoting Peck as saying that America's foreign policy has put the nation in peril:

"I heard Ambassador Peck on an interview yesterday did anybody else see or hear him? He was on FOX News, this is a white man, and he was upsetting the FOX News commentators to no end, he pointed out, a white man, an ambassador, he pointed out that what Malcolm X said when he was silenced by Elijah Mohammad was in fact true, he said Americas chickens, are coming home to roost.”"

I guess Edward peck hates America too....
ROCKHOUND -

"this one was such a talking point with the "Obama hates America crowd'"

I'm part of that crowd. Obama's spiritual mentor for 20 years, Rev Wright, is a deranged racist who clearly hates this country.

Obama's political mentor, Bill Ayers, is a deranged would-be mass-murderer who clearly hates this country.

Obama's wife said, after he got the nomination, that for the first time in her adult life, she was proud of her country.

If Obama's lifelong pastor, political mentor, and wife clearly have major issues with this country, is it unreasonable to assume he agrees with that sentiment? Throw in his European speech tours where all he did was apologize for all of America's faults, and it gives me more reason to doubt his love for a country, a country for which I buried 2 teenagers who were killed under my command in Iraq.

"I know many people who sit in the Catholic church every Sunday but do not believe or agree with every single statement said by the priest/minister"

I'm a lifelong devout Catholic. I've been to Mass between 30 and 50 times a year for the last 25 years. I have never heard any parish priest consistently say anything as remotely offensive as what that kook preached. So if you want to compare the Catholic faith, to which I have dedicated much of my adult life, to black liberation theology, please provide some support. Otherwise please admit that those 2 "religions" are not remotely comparable. One is based on love and truth, one is based on hate and lies.

"I suspect it was a political move to not lose his base when he was running in Chicago. "

You may be right. And if you are right (that Obama didn't like what Wright was saying, but he wanted people to THINK he liked it), what does that say about Obama?

Either Obama agrees with that crap, or he was pretending to agree with that crap for political gain. There simply is not a third alternative, and both choices say something awful about the man.

If John McCain sat in at Klan rallies for 20 years, but he was just "pretending" to be a member so those guys would vote for him, you'd be OK with that?

"Whats next? Birth certificates? "

I never claimed he wasn't born here. I hate the man, but my hatred is based on truthful things about him, not made up stuff.

"I guess Edward peck hates America too"

I don't know who he is, so I have no basis to conclude anything...

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-08-2010 at 02:13 PM..