View Single Post
Old 05-29-2022, 09:11 AM   #112
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
in this case, the deranged killer was in a room full of little kids for almost an hour. He could have killed them all with a pocket knife.

i’m not a big gun guy. But how much good will prospective gun laws be, when there are 400 million guns already out there? we know what happens when places like chicago and DC ban guns. it doesn’t help much.

So gun control is one part of this, but there are many other aspects which the left refuses to discuss, because they aren’t political winners for them,,just as gun control
is something the right avoids.

erosion of families, bullying in school ( which teachers tolerate even though they know exactly who’s doing it), erosion of faith, entertainment industry committed to desensitizing kids to graphic violence, mental health issues, americans getting less connected to each other, spending WAY too much time alone online.

It all feeds this. Neither side will admit to it all.

how many kids become killers, who are from a home ( regardless of income) with 2 parents who are dedicated to their kids and who make it very clear that they love those kids? homes where everyone eats supper together and talks to each other instead of staring at screens all day?

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Last week the killer was in a building with one door and this week the cops were so scared of his weapon that they stood in the hall.
Chicago is over a bridge from a state with far looser gun laws and there’s plenty of states with higher gun deaths per capita than Illinois.

AR type firearms went from 400,000 in this country in 2004 when the assault rifle ban, that you claim did nothing, ended to 20 million today.

The US has 393 million guns in circulation (46% of all guns) or 121 firearms for every 100 residents.

Please explain how the remaining 7.4 billion people on the planet can live "FREE" with roughly the same number of guns. Aside from mass shootings, what other freedoms do we get?
I know you’ll miss the sarcasm
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin