View Single Post
Old 02-10-2023, 09:49 PM   #188
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Yep spoken like a Time Machine conservative . Calling for a revolution

I knew you were disappointed that Jan 6th Failed you actually thought your dreams had come true ..
The 1776 Revolution already happened. And it has greatly been abandoned.

After that revolution was won, and a workable Constitution was created as the law to sustain it, the great bulk of American citizens were the body politic who were the "kind of people" who understood that it must be sustained. It took a good bit of time for the American citizen to be transformed into something else.

We now have enough Americans that mock that revolution, consider it an unjust impediment to some unformed path to universal equity. And one of the greatest obstacles to achieving the goals of that inchoate struggle is the notion of individual sovereignty. That is now a simplistic notion. This has also been a revolution. One that has transformed the American citizen into one who understands that the individual must submit to the superior wisdom and expertise of the benevolent state.

So, no, I was not disappointed that the Jan6 riot "failed." It was not a thing that could, in any way, succeed. It was, mostly, regressive, and I was disappointed that it happened.

Even though it was an ignorant attempt without a coherent goal, it did exhibit a sort of reckless spirit which, if it coalesced into an actual spirit of liberty which would not need an armed Revolution to succeed, but to grow into a movement to restore the actual liberties that we still, latently, possess.

That is still possible. A "revolution" would not be needed. Originalism, in a broad sense, if actually practiced, would be a starting point back to a future that has been interrupted by a Progressive wokeness that has infected American politics and culture.