View Single Post
Old 02-10-2023, 08:08 PM   #186
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
The larger the size, scope, and power of a government, the more money it takes to maintain itself. Our Federal Government has constantly and continuously enlarged itself, and has accordingly gotten deeper in debt. What budget conscious people consider "waste" is a necessary expense for those in power to maintain and grow that power.

Who we vote for is no longer the answer for getting rid of "waste" in the Federal Government unless We the Voters want to take back the power that has been snatched from us, and become far more responsible for our lives and destinies. That would take a different kind of people. It would take a people more like those Americans of 1776.

We are not those people.
Unless your living under a rock, or are in climate change denial, you would notice all these states that are being hammered by the resulting extreme weather catastrophes are being bailed out by your government, with the help of your tax dollars. The scientific community predicts it will only get worse, so if you drastically downsize government and let’s face it, it’s not likely happening in our lifetime, who picks up the tab? So it’s back on the states and how do you think they will pay for it without government assistance, oh yeah your taxes just went up significantly and can you just imagine how fu*ked up some of those efforts would be with the current infrastructure in place. So you can pay the feds or your state, either way someone needs to pay that tab.

I guess you were just born in the wrong time.