View Single Post
Old 09-30-2021, 10:33 AM   #75
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"Before the pandemic, there was 1 person worth $100 billion. Now there are 10."

(1) so what? would anyone be better off if we burned all that money? They created it, they didn't steal it.
(2) how many are republican, how many are democrat?

"Must have been all the hard labor and risk they took"

You're being sarcastic, but that's what it is. You think you work more hours in a week than Jeff Bezos or Tim Cook?

You are deranged with jealousy, and consumed with the nonsense that one person's wealth was caused by another person's poverty. It doesn't work that way, wealth is not finite, it's not like a pizza. If it were, GDP would be constant.

Pete, just tell me this...how does it hurt you, if Apple's stock performance or Amazon's stock performance makes those CEOs richer? In what way does that have a negative impact on anybody?

Those people pay a boatload of taxes, they invest money which creates jobs, they spend a lot of money which creates jobs, and they give tons to charity.

How are you better off if those people were only half as successful as they are?

I don't think anyone needs a billion dollars, but I could care less if someone has that goal and then achieves it, as long as they do it legally.

"You just eat the baloney and regurgitate it"

This, from the guy obsessed with the wealth 100 private citizens in a country of 330 million.

If you want what they have, do what they did, or stop crying about it.
Rant much?

You’re right. It takes thousands of people working for almost nothing to make someone a billion dollars. Capitalism will eat itself.

The share of American adults who live in middle-income households has decreased from 61% in 1971 to 51% in 2019. This downsizing has proceeded slowly but surely since 1971, with each decade thereafter typically ending with a smaller share of adults living in middle-income households than at the beginning of the decade.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin