Thread: Ben Sasse
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 01:10 PM   #13
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
if that’s true, why implement tax changes like doubling the standard deduction and increase child tax credits? he doesn’t utilize those things. why increase funding for black colleges? is he black? why advocate for school choice? do his grandkids attend crappy public schools?

he’s a terrible person. he’s not quite what you’re portraying him to be.

Two things. think about the little kid who had a lawn cutting business, he asked to cut the white house lawn, trump brought him in and walked with him as he cut the lawn. that was my favorite moment of his presidency, and not something that Darth Vader would have done.

Second, watch the video of him walking to his plane at night, when reporters told him that Ginsberg died. his reaction wasn’t what you d expect if he was as one dimensional as you’re suggesting he is.

he’s also done real generous charitable things. why would
someone who only cares about himself donate his private jet to fly a sick little boy across the country, who needed so much medical equipment that commercial flights couldn’t accommodate him?

he is a horribly flawed person who has implemented some popular policies which have helped huge numbers of americans.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
A lot of the tax cuts benefit RE investors of which he is one. He has not done a lot of charitable things for someone that rich. He had no real charitable presence in NY or elsewhere. I'm sure you do remember how he used his charity for his personal use and had it closed down