View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 07:36 AM   #46
1dozenraw

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishonnelsons View Post
JB, older, local chef who also mates on a charter boat, drove to Orleans to get an oil change, knew nothing about this at all. Manager comes out to him, sits down next to him, and gives him the news - "confiscated" - too bad to fix, gave him a loaner until they figure out his options.

Really sad part is JB is not at all fluid with the cash, so even new at half-price is not an option. They are looking to get an older, comparable model in A1 shape though.
This would be me if I drive in and they "take" my 2000. Not sure what to do at this point because I like my ride and it has 125K on it and the frame looks fine... it will probably last another 120K.

On a bit different note... I bought two 1988 Toyotas with rusty beds and around 130K on them. Paid $1000 each and drove both for several years and until they had well over 250K on them and sold them for around $500. Only standard repairs and had to replace the beds. The cabs were fine. Later was told that all the Toyotas from that year were shipped here without the beds and the beds were made here and installed here. Hmmmm.

Meanwhile, what to do? I was down near the west wall two days ago and a guy was out at his mailbox. He flagged me down, asked what year my truck was and told me he "works closely" with Toyota and that I should bring the truck in.

Is there a time limit on how long this deal is available? What's the best way to get in the process?
1dozenraw is offline   Reply With Quote