View Single Post
Old 01-09-2023, 06:04 PM   #139
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
What your answer Jim? Seems you were silent with Trumps unfunded tax cuts and his debt , Republicans had no problem with Iraq and Afghanistan were unfunded

Since invading Afghanistan in 2001, the United States has spent $2.313 trillion on the war, which includes operations in both Afghanistan and Pakistan. But Biden saved money leaving but the GOP wants to investigate

Republicans could give a f. K about future generations Just look at them on climate or renewal energy or electric cars. But keep thinking that’s why the next 2 years is going to be a circus like we’ve never seen in the history or the United States of America

Here some knowledge for ya

the average Social Security retirement benefit in January 2022 was about $1,614 per month, or about $19,370 per year.

Without Social Security benefits, about 4 in 10 adults aged 65 and older would have incomes below the poverty line

Social Security benefits lift 1.1 million children above the poverty line

Over 6.5 million children under age 18 lived in families who received income from Social Security

Fact #9: Social Security is especially beneficial for women.

Social Security is especially important for women, because they tend to earn less than men, take more time out of the paid workforce, live longer, accumulate less savings, and receive smaller pensions.

Keep convincing yourself Republicans are trying to save social Security and their trying to help their fellow Americans live a better life. With a balanced budget

To Republicans Social Security is Welfarism Why would they want to cut or privatize Social Security? Because they’ve wanted to do it for 87 years. Because, despite its popularity , their ideology and self-interest demand it. And because, as Republican judges, governors, and presidents have demonstrated, the party has no interest in preserving democratic norms.
OK, YOU said it was wrong for the GOP to propose cuts to those programs, so I asked you how you'd pay for it, and you won't answer.

Wayne, NO ONE is arguing that SS helps people. I'm asking you, how you'd pay for current benefits, because the program is going broke.

Do you ever, ever, ever answer a question the way it's been asked?

"What your answer Jim?"

Find a structure of benefits that can be funded with current taxes. That's my answer. If that means cutting benefits, then that means cutting benefits. Maybe time to tell people who make a million bucks a year, they can't collect. Start there. But that won't be nearly enough.

Here's how this went.

WDMSO: Republicans are bad, they want to cut SS.

Jim: it's going broke. if you don't reduce benefits, how would you pay for it?

WDMSO: People like getting checks in the mail. They need those checks. How can you be so mean?

WDMSO, you also said that after Clinton was President, only democrats balanced the federal budget. I asked you to comment on that, because the fact is, the budget has never been balanced since Clinton and Gingrich did it. So you just make stuff up out of thin air, you make up blatant lies.

"And I pay more into SS than Connecticut teachers pay into their pensions.

No you don’t Jim stop hating Union"

OK, now you deny that I pay more into SS, than CT teachers pay into their pensions

Prepare to be exposed as a liar again.

From investopedia, the 2022 tax rate for SS contributions was 12.4%.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s...curity-tax.asp

Here, a CT newspaper states that Connecticut teachers contribute 7% of their salary to their pension.

https://ctmirror.org/2019/01/10/fact...alth-benefits/

Enlighten is, oh brilliant Wayne., is 12.4 less than 7...or is it more than 7?

"Seems you were silent with Trumps unfunded tax cuts and his debt"

I've said here a thousand times, that Trump gets a big, fat F on spending and fiscal responsibility. You're just lying, lying, lying.

Bitch slapped. Completely, utterly, bitch slapped.

"Republicans could give a f. K about future generations"

A very rational, cogent argument. You know you don't have facts or common sense on your side, so all you have is demonstrable lies and deranged, paranoid bile.

Say hi to Pete for me, when you see him at the mental hospital.

I tried Wayne, I really did. You cannot have a discussion. It's not possible.

Wayne's math! 7 is greater than 12.4!!

Think about this...not only do CT teachers pay way less into their pension than I pay into SS...their benefit is much higher...their annual benefit is 75% of the average of their 3 highest annual salaries, which can easily top 75k. What's the maximum SS benefit, 40k? And while I can't collect SS until I'm 67.5, teachers can collect after 37.5 years of service, which is age 59.5 if you start at age 22.

So teachers contribute way less, get a much higher benefit, and start collecting that benefit many years earlier.

And if SS is going bankrupt, you can bet that CT teacher pensions are going bankrupt faster.

That's not hating teachers Wayne. It's arithmetic. Arithmetic does not give a frog's fat azz if you don't like it. It is what it is.

You, who want endless funds from the public who has to sacrifice more and more all the time, are the one that doesn't give a darn about future generations. You don't care how much debt you saddle them with, as long as some of that pork is flowing into your pocket.