View Single Post
Old 12-07-2022, 11:44 AM   #9
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Urgent care was awesome. Be nice if regular doctors office/my PCP would do the same. They wouldn't even see me...
Made appointment the night before and did pre-registration bs. This was with AFC American Family Care.
Had to wait as is a walk in too. Of the five people I initiated the discussion with in the wait area, all had also been put off by their PCP, three by same Physicians group, but some in different offices... They had different symptoms from mine like stuffed up, sinus, flu, bad cold, but all had the cough...
I was given Covid test, EKG, and chest x-ray. Not pneumonia, which was my fear, but bronchial with inflammation of lungs. Was given a nebulizer (which allowed me to do more than I had been able to do for ten days) and scripts for prednizone and azithromycine. So a steroid and antibiotic. Took them after dinner and then the codeine cough med from PCP. Woke up feeling like a million bucks! I did fade a bit after an hour and ate before taking today's course of meds.

Bottomline; I should have done this week one! Not waited until I was into third week. PCP will hear from me through the patient gateway, after I am really good. That will be to cancel an upcoming review of bloodwork for my new cholesterol drug results. I see no need to get that test until I am done with these meds and am healthy. But they did next to nothing for me while the local urgent care place was aces!

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote