View Single Post
Old 01-25-2023, 08:37 AM   #116
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
"I think to myself, ‘Why are these kids on their phones during class all the time?’

Now parents rights fly out the windows.. funny how that works.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
So parents have a right, to allow their kids to watch Tik Tok videos during class.

As I said, let's present this honestly to parents, and see if they like it or not. Before cell phones, parents had an easy way to get ahold of kids at school if they needed to. If its an emergency, call the school, they contact the kid in 2 seconds. That worked for decades and decades. Now all of a sudden it's not a practical option? Why is that?

If Obama proposed this, you'd all be getting a tingle in your leg. That's all this is. Desantis is a serious challenge in 2024 or 2028, and you hate him for that, to the point of being deranged.

I'm a parent, a tax payer, and I bought phones for my kids. Why would I want my kids on their phones during class, when they're supposed to be learning? Why is that in my interests?

Wayne, you similarly opposed his idea of using tax dollars to lure more police to his state, but you like the idea of using tax dollars to help your family pay off loans that you agreed to take out and you agreed to repay. Explain that logic. If it's not pure partisan derangement, please explain how else you could arrive at those conclusions. I'm genuinely curious.