View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 08:47 AM   #14
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
as much as I enjoy being critical of our leader, the guy deserves a vacation. He doesnt get home every day at 5:15, kick his shoes off and watch Jeopardy. Its a 24hr job and he needs a break.
plenty of time after 2012 to see the world, maybe he should jump in on some of that "shared sacrafice" that he was blathering about just days ago and go with the low cost Camp David alternative for a little r&r, maybe introduce himself to a few cabinet members...

Where the Obama Administration Intends to Take the Country and How It Plans to Do So -- New York Magazine
The more pointed variant of this critique was directed specifically at Obama. Unlike 42—who loved to stay up late, jabbing at the speed dial, spending countless hours gabbing with local pols and businesspeople around the country to gauge the political wind and weather—44 not only eschewed reaching out to governors, mayors, or CEOs, but he rarely consulted outside the tiny charmed circle surrounding him in the White House. “What you had was really three or four people running the entire government,” says the former White House strategist. “I thought they put a pretty good Cabinet together, but most of those guys might as well be in the witness-protection program.”

A funny line, no doubt, but an overstatement, surely? Well, maybe not. “I happen to know most of the Cabinet pretty well, and I get together with them individually for lunch,” says one of the most respected Democratic bigwigs in Washington. “I’ve had half a dozen Cabinet members say that in the first two years, they never had one call—not one call—from the president".