View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 08:20 AM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
If by "bonkers" you mean quite rational and well informed...then I agree.

My comment was clearly referring to the rights of union workers...I'm sorry if this went over your head. That was not my intention.

People donate for their own interests??? This changes everything.

Do you keep all your money under a mattress? No credit cards? You don't ever take a loan either do you?

Could also just be bad government. I don't think either party has a monopoly on fiscal responsibility.

It's funny, I'm pretty sure I've never started a sentence with "Conservatives like you" in my life.

-spence
"If by "bonkers" you mean quite rational and well informed...then I agree."

That's not what I meant. Sorry if it went over your head.

"Do you keep all your money under a mattress? No credit cards? You don't ever take a loan either do you?"

I don't think I ever said that. But I can choose which banks I do business with. If I don't like Bank Of America's practices, there are local banks in my community. No one bank, or any other company, can force me to give them my business.

"My comment was clearly referring to the rights of union workers...I'm sorry if this went over your head. That was not my intention."

Ah. But you see, liberals are constantly framing this union debate as workers versus fatcats. Liberals are always framing this debate to imply that if you want some constraints on union spending, then you are opposed to "the working middle class". That's Obama's entire re-election strategy.