View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 08:11 PM   #16
sburnsey931

Okay the boats away and I'd like to be a part of the conversation.
I've been trying to follow a conversation between spence and jim in ct.
I have yet to read anything Spence has said I agree with..... and I believe he likes to throw stuff out there to keep the conversation going....
good for him.
Jim I think the "Game ,Set and Match" quote tells me all I need to know....
I'm in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
What exactly are they protesting again?

How corporate influence over our political process is rigging the game in favor of the wealthy.

-spence

Ah Spence is concerned that "corporations" wield too much political influence. Spence, are you equally concerned about the politicalinfluence bought by public labor unions?
Jim in CT

Spence, can you please enlighhten me as to why that is?

Spence, I'm STILL waiting for you to explain why it's bad for America when "corporations" buy political influence, but it's OK when public unions do it?
Jim in CT

When did I ever make that assertion?

-spence

Spence, do yourself a favor. When dealing with me, assume you're not dealing with a moron, OK? Really Jim?

Almost as absurd as saying it's bad for the nation when companies buy political influence, and then denying saying that when confronted with an obvious hypocrisy that you don't care when labor unions do the same thing. I'm still waiting for a response...

Spence never said it was ok for public unions.... he only said what the Occupiers were protesting about political influence.
Burnsey

Perhaps your desire to Zing has clouded your vision.
Burnsey

And Spence, what unions do is worse for everyone else, and here's why. For the most part (there are some exceptions), corporations can buy all the influence they want, but in the end, they can't force me to buy their product. But when public labor unions buy influence, that gets forced on all of us in the form of property taxes, which I have no choice but to pay.

When companies buy influence, it has nowhere near the detrimental impact on folks, as when public labor unions run amuck.
Jim in CT

Jim it appears you have a property tax bill that lets you believe the unions have screwed you over royally. Maybe, maybe not.
To be clear I own an Open Shop Company. I'm getting picketed daily....I'm not a fan of the Unions...
What they do impacts my taxes....but it pales in comparision to the impact of Corporation's Political Influence on our economy....
Corporations have and continue to influence economic policy in this country.
I am sure my best interest is not there priority.
Yes we don't have to buy their product.... no matter someone will... we'll just have to pay a little more taxes somewhere somehow for their tax break loophole...

My typical example is this.....I've been in my house for 7 years now....When we moved in I ran to Walmart to buy my new 4 slice toaster.. for 20 bucks.....
It's no longer made by GE in America.....It's GE in China.....
I just had to buy my 5th one..... but I got a great deal on it only 20 bucks....
My Grandmother had a GE toaster for 30 years.....
Loss of jobs...stagnant wages.... terrible returns on my Invested money...property values dropping......corporate influence is killing us.....
Burnsey