Thread: Do you.......
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 07:23 PM   #40
Slipknot
Super Moderator

As long as this is a reminiscing thread, I remember eating rock candy that was on a string from a little candy store in Dennis behind Harneys somewhere. In the late 60's and 70's we'd camp at Airline mobile home park in Dennis and when we were about 9-13 y.o. I remember the summers we'd stay all summer with my Mom, and Dad would go back home to work at General Dynamics in Quincy but come back on weekends, and we'd go off on our bikes all day, we'd club frogs and mom would fry the legs up for us. Ya don't see goldfish and frogs anymore We had a blast back then in our endless summers. Swimming at West Dennis beach then come back and go in the pool.
There was always stuff to do or places to explore. Scargo lake tower was a ritual, my brothers and I learned to swim in that pond, the pottery lady up there let us make clay things and later on my mom would fire them in her kiln. I remember lots of stuff from back then. It's not the same world these days that's for sure.

I forgot, my dad driving us out to the dunes near Pilgrim lake and climbing them carrying a big piece of cardboard box and sledding down the dune over and over. try that today and you'd get arrested I bet.

To answer your question Flap, ya I'm happy where I am, just close enough and far enough at the same time. Timing hasn't been a good factor in my decisions sometimes but I accept what I have.

Last edited by Slipknot; 07-05-2008 at 07:31 AM..
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote