View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 04:08 PM   #5
JohnnyD

The Good Samaritan law protects the layperson from litigation if they act in what they believe is the best interest of the injured person. While there might be a case depending on the specific circumstances, I be willing to doubt they woman will get far in her case. It will be dependent on the specifics of the wording in CA's law.

Yes, it's a terrible thing what happened to her, but if her co-worker can somewhat prove that he thought it was in her best interest (the car with in the middle of the street, gas was leaking from the car) it should be a pretty easy, although expensive, case.

On the other hand, I'm a trained EMT and it's because of situations like this that if I ever do pull up on an accident I do not tell anyone I'm an EMT. In Massachusetts, the legislature tried to plug holes and prevent cases like this woman is bringing in CA. In doing so, they specifically excluded people with *any* medical training.

Unless it's a friend/family member or the person has possible fatal injuries, I'm not touching them.
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote