View Single Post
Old 07-29-2022, 12:12 PM   #233
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
A national abortion ban would result in a 24% increase in deaths for all women and a 39% increase in deaths for non-Hispanic Black women. There is nothing pro-life about Republicans’ forced-birth movement.

Pregnancy is 14 times more likely to result in a woman’s death than an abortion; and the states outlawing abortion right now already have the highest rates of infant and maternal mortality due to high levels of poverty, limited access to healthcare, and refusal to expand Medicaid.

Forced-birth laws will not save any lives. They will just kill more women and create ripple effects of trauma and devastation throughout society. None of this is about life. The same people pushing forced birth laws also want to outlaw contraception and sex education.

The first sentence of the 1st Amendment states that no law will be made respecting an establishment of religion. SCOTUS’ overturning of Roe was flagrantly unconstitutional and this court of religious ideologues has absolutely zero legitimacy.

Women will not tolerate this; nor should they. The issue isn’t when life or conception begins. It’s who should make decisions about women’s bodies: women themselves or governments. And there is no debate. Women should make these decisions for themselves. Not the government.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
you dodged my question naturally. when you were an unborn child, would
you prefer forced birth or abortion.

If there were a nationwide abortion ban, how many babies’ lives would be saved?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device