View Single Post
Old 05-05-2022, 07:02 AM   #78
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim like I’ve said if red states cared about democracy they would hold a referendum vote on abortion but they won’t their states are super gerrymander , they only care about the base voter Aka primary voter .

And are afraid it would pass .. but be sure they would disregarded it ,

McConnell Explains How He’ll Steal Another Supreme Court Pick From Another Democratic President
The Republican signals that if his party retakes the Senate, he’ll block Biden’s high court nominees in 2024—and very probably in 2023.

Yep rule of law , court precedent
All forsaken for power vis the minority
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"Jim like I’ve said if red states cared about democracy they would hold a referendum vote on abortion but they won’t their states are super gerrymander "

Please tell us, in a statewide election/referendum, what effect gerrymandering has?

Answer - none. It makes zero difference in a statewide contest, because every vote counts the same, regardless of which district it's in.

Where do you get the idea that democrats don't gerrymander? When CT lost a congressional seat a few years ago, they re-drew the one conservative district (rural) in the state, and re-defined it to include enough of Waterbury (urban) to make it reliably blue.

Gerrymandering helps you win statewide contests. Honest to god...

"McConnell Explains How He’ll Steal Another Supreme Court Pick From Another Democratic President"

Did the democrats in the senate steal Bork's seat when they rejected him?

Why is it OK for senate democrats to block a republican nominee, but "stealing" when senate republicans block a democrat nominee?

The Biden Rule. If it was OK for Biden, it's OK for McConnell. What's good for the goose...