View Single Post
Old 01-04-2021, 01:22 PM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Actually we've never been here before.
Exactly here? No we haven't. But your side spent a lot of energy from 2017-2020, trying to find a way to undo the election. Because they hated the results.

I remember back after the 2016 election, many prominent liberals were calling on electors to give their votes to someone other than Trump. There was a LOT of that talk, there were TV commercials airing, it was everywhere in liberal circles, pleas for the electoral college to ignore the will of the people. I'll bet everything I have against the change in your pocket, that you didn't call that out for undermining democracy. Did you?

So while the specifics here are different (no two situations are exactly identical in every detail), both were cases of attempts to undermine a democratic election. One of those attempts was fine with you (there were actually multiple attempts, starting with begging the electoral college to vote for someone else, to calling for impeachment before he was sworn in, etc, but let's put them all in one bucket), the other is horrifying. The only difference, is the partisan aspect, which as we all know, is everything to you.

Try. Making. That. Wrong.