View Single Post
Old 02-16-2023, 08:06 AM   #11
redlite

Just last summer we did a major, major Reno.
We replaced 2 windows with mega triple casements. Customer insisted on Pellas to Stay consistent with rest of windows in house not getting replaced.
Well when moved to basement portion of Reno there was water issue from the older pellas of the same design. Well it turned out that those 10 yr old pellas had failed in some way and been leaking which rotted out sill across whole back of house. This is after we had just removed a 2 story brick chimney, resided whole back of house with stain R&R ceder shingles trim, etc
I spent 2 days with hose water test and the culprit was the corner welds on the pellas had failed and was nearly impossible to detect with naked eye. Of course no recourse from pella. Some plastic weld repair took care of it. Had to replace sill and all from inside. Was a joy
I had suspected it was the corner welds as had encountered same issue on 6 mth old Newpros installed by newpro ( u see and hear their commercials all the time). on another job. "New construction" windows. They are crap. Corner welds opening up. At least Newpro did send out a crew to repair that fiasco. Seems Newpro makes 1 window that works as a replacement or if new construction has a flange kit that snaps on. Terrible cost saving design
There just isn't much quailty
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
redlite is offline   Reply With Quote