View Single Post
Old 03-25-2002, 06:08 PM   #1
chubsdad

makeing a eel trap

okguys and girls i had a few people ask me to tell the how i made my ell traps here it is all you need is 3 5gal bucketts wire screen rubber strips wire to tie the nesh 2 eye bolts and rope .first take 1 bucket cut the bottom outabout 6 inch from bottom is good . thencut the top part of the buckett out . cut it at the second rib down.now make sure they fit in side the other bucketts they should slide right in. now take the 2 whole bucketts and drill5/8 inch wholes start 1 inch from bottom. then cut out bottoms.cut right on circles. then take screen lay it over bottom of buck. you want to make a cone shape leading into the buck.with about a 11/2 in whole at the end.now take the rubber place it over the screen on the edge of the bucket.(this is to keep the wire from going threw the screen).now drill some small wholes just above rubber this is so you can tie the screen down.after you drill the wholes take the spool of wire and start weaving the screen on to the bucket.make sure its tight..repeat on other bucket. now take the 1st bucket you cut. slide the bigger end in to one bucket untill the last rib . now screw these two buckets togetherscrew right under the rib.once screwed take the other bucket slide on to the end now when you look at it .you should have screen on both ends that are cone shaped in words . now take the eye hooks screw one were the handles used to be .on one bucket. then put the other one on the other buck(this is so you can put a bungy cord to keep the buckets together.now tie a 2ft peice of rope from one eye to the other. then find the middle of that rope and tie your main line i use 50 ft of rope .all depends were your eeling when you open the buckets tie a small nesh bag in side to put your bait in. good luck its realy not that hard to do. any one who wants help i will help out just let me know
chubsdad is offline   Reply With Quote