View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 07:57 PM   #6
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Was this proposal a one day event to honor Reagan or a permanent holiday on the calender every year. If its just a once in a lifetime day honoring the guy I think its unfortunate that it could not be approved. If it is otherwise then I agree with the Presidents day honoring them all at once.

I would bet it was the first suggestion I made though or we all would have heard of this proposal. Patrick is finding that he will not be able to keep any of his campaign promises for lack of money. In fact the 348 million he restored to cuts that Romney made he wished he didn't restore. The slouching housing market is predicted to put a crimp in revenues for the next 2 1/2 years, and it will be that long before revenues are at the level they were before the current real estate crunch started. This is why he has been so low key because thier are numerous people who want to hit him on this publically.

At least Romney new enough about finances to know the cuts were necessary because of the predicted shortages in revenue. Patrick doesn't understand that at all nor due any of his aides. Remember what Healy said about returning to the Dukakis era of spend spend spend.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman