View Single Post
Old 05-05-2022, 11:42 PM   #94
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Since Detbuch is convinced that a fetus is a human being at conception

If the "fetus" is considered a human being, then it would be a constitutional basis.

If a fetus is a person at 6 weeks pregnant, is that when the child support starts?

As you can see, since you quoted it, I said "human being," not "person." Not sure how you missed that. Probably your usual twisting, lying business.

Is that also when you can't deport the mother because she's carrying a U.S. citizen?

I believe the criteria is that the baby must be "born" in the U.S.

Can I insure a 6 week fetus, and collect for a miscarriage?

Well, first you can identify as a woman, then claim you are pregnant, then work it out with and insurance agency.

Maybe the radical clerics that issued the Fatwa against abortion will clarify it.

Now you’re claiming that a fetus is a human being but not a person?

And I’m twisting things.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I'm claiming that I didn't use the word "person." I specifically said "human being" because words have connotations as well as denotations. Generally, we use "human being" or "person" to connote something different. A "human being" connotes the intrinsic quality of a living being--a human. A "person" connotes the developed societal quality of that being. Generally, a person has a name, a personal societal identity, personal qualities that are developed over time as a distinctly autonomous human being who functions through society in uniquely recognizable ways.

That is why we generally don't call fetus's "persons." Doesn't mean we can't. But your use of it, in a legal context (child support) gives the "fetus" a connotative status that it has not yet achieved or developed.

But, to answer your question, "at 6 weeks pregnant, is that when the child support starts?"--yes, it can.

From Parker Bryan Family law:
"in some cases, parents may have divorced before their child was born, or they may not have been married in the first place. Both scenarios leave parents facing situations where one of them (usually the mother) is shouldering the financial responsibilities during pregnancy. In such cases, should the mother be receiving child support during her pregnancy and before the child is born? In some states, the laws have provided for such scenarios, making it a requirement that both parents must support their unborn child."

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 05-06-2022 at 03:15 PM..