View Single Post
Old 12-11-2020, 07:33 PM   #219
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
No, Scott. No. This is new territory the Republican congress has ventured into. They have chosen, yes chosen, to move into lock step with Donald Trump, who lost a presidential election in the United States of America, MORE THAN A MONTH AGO..... They fear the man. Very few in positions of power have stepped out of ranks, notably Barr and Romney. Scott, please note that I have not typed one word of support for the President elect, nor the Democratic party and its platform. This is more about the American process and doing the right thing. This group of elected Republicans has lost its moral compass, and that is what will cause the implosion of the Republican party and its current dictatorial autocratic "leader".
The American process is working just fine. Everything is being done according to process. The process will come to a resolution. It's not as if the Republicans you despair of believe there was no election fraud and are only falling in line with Tyrant Trump. I do think the reputed fraud occurred. And there are various pieces of evidence of it. But actual proof will probably be too difficult to find. The process will go through discovery, if it is allowed to do so. Then we will go on from there. What will destroy confidence in the process is not allowing it to happen as it is constitutionally allowed.

I assume I am disagreeing with you in regard to what is at stake in this election. I do believe that political party agendas are impacting the American constitutional process. Contesting the election through the constitutional process is not destroying it.