View Single Post
Old 01-31-2023, 08:59 AM   #55
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
So I've asked you 10 times now, why there aren't any similar outliers (towns with high quality of life and very low taxes), and not once have you come close to answering. Those outliers are the value proposition offered by those states. No they're not. R governor press release "Look we admit our state sucks as a whole but we have outliers that are great. We keep statewide taxes low so if you have a good income you can move to an outlier town and send your kids to good private schools and not have to worry about those "others" who can't lift themselves up by their bootstraps"

The fact that FL has always had migration, doesn't even come close to refuting my point. Just because my grandparents retired there doesn't mean I'm going to retire there. There has to be something about the state that makes me want to move there. So show us the stats that say 850 a day are moving there bc of Rs policies? You have never done that and can't, yet have touted that fact repeatedly until I destroyed that arguement.

When FL had democrat governors, they didn't implement a big state income tax (like they did in CT). It was still a conservative state, it's never been considered a blue state.

When people decide to move to one state or another, I don't think they put a lot of emphasis on how bad the cities are, unless that city is very close to where they want to live. Memphis, TN is a sh*thole. That hasn't stopped Franklin from becoming a BOOMING suburb. Outlier - look at your first year actuarial book as you stated earlier bc it seems like you don't know what that word means Same with FL, NC, NH. If a state has beautiful and lo cost suburbs, most people won't be scared away if that state also has gross cities an hour away. CT has Bridgeport, Hartford, New Haven. You seen those places lately?
Cities are where poor people live and if someone increases their income, they move out. They live their bc of better access to transportation, social servicers, etc. - the things that poor people need. You haven't figured that out yet?