View Single Post
Old 01-31-2023, 08:46 AM   #54
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Using Frankling TN as an arguement is using out an outlier- which you said earlier (when you went off the handle - keep the guns away from angry Jim!) should be disgarded. We have stats for 350M. people which show D run states are richer and healthier and R run states are poorer and less healthy. Pretty compelling evidence.

And your whole arguement was proven wrong when I posted stats showing migration to Fl. hasn't changed over the last 50 years or so. Approximately 850 per day. No difference between when Rs where gov or when Ds were governing. How many times have you posted that argument yet it was proven 100% wrong?
So I've asked you 10 times now, why there aren't any similar outliers in CT (towns with high quality of life and very low taxes), and not once have you come close to answering. Those outliers are the value proposition offered by those states.

The fact that FL has always had migration, doesn't even come close to refuting my point. Just because my grandparents retired there doesn't mean I'm going to retire there. There has to be something about the state that makes me want to move there.

When FL had democrat governors, they didn't implement a big state income tax (like they did in CT). It was still a conservative state, it's never been considered a blue state.

When people decide to move to one state or another, I don't think they put a lot of emphasis on how bad the cities are, unless that city is very close to where they want to live. Memphis, TN is a sh*thole. That hasn't stopped Franklin from becoming a BOOMING suburb. Same with FL, NC, NH. If a state has beautiful and low cost suburbs, most people won't be scared away if that state also has gross cities an hour away. I doubt there's a state in the country that doesn't have some awful cities within. CT has Bridgeport, Hartford, New Haven, Waterbury. You seen those places lately? I have.

You're not holding any cards in this game. None. As blue states lose population, not only do they lose tax revenue (which is hurting CT), they also lose congressional seats, and thus electoral votes.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-31-2023 at 08:56 AM..