View Single Post
Old 01-29-2023, 09:01 PM   #35
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
you’re a lunatic.

on this issue, the data is crystal crystal clear. probably 700,000 cops, god knows how many millions and millions of interactions between them and citizens in a year. and a dozen or so times out of those millions, there’s a tragedy. that’s not systemic anything. it’s barely a rounding error.

but hey, democrats can either distort that, or talk about slaughtering the unborn, or any it’s a great idea for men and little girls to share bathrooms. so i get why they want to talk about their warped, distorted take on this issue.

i’m reacting to what the data actually is. you’re reacting to what you wish the data was.
Jim
Show the data then, it only exists in your imagination.

No government agency even started collecting that information till 2019 and what has been collected “does not assess or report whether officers followed their department’s policy or acted lawfully.”

National Use-of-Force Data Collection
The FBI created the National Use of Force Data Collection in 2015, in partnership with law enforcement agencies, to provide nationwide statistics on law enforcement use-of-force incidents.

The FBI began collecting this data from law enforcement agencies on January 1, 2019. The most recent data is available on the FBI’s Crime Data Explorer website.

The data collection Includes:

National-level statistics on law enforcement use-of-force incidents
Basic information on the circumstances, subjects, and officers involved
The National Use-of-Force Data Collection offers big-picture insights, rather than information on specific incidents. The collection does not assess or report whether officers followed their department’s policy or acted lawfully.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin