View Single Post
Old 01-18-2022, 09:54 AM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
American voters logic Hard at work 81 million bounce Trump suddenly want to be conservatives

I said it before American voters are stupid and impatient. Their like a battered person They demand change get away ! But can’t handle a normal relationship if they don’t see instant results they go back to the abusive relationship Americans seem to love the Drama so it starts all over again.

Seems you went with just the headline

Then created your own narrative
1 poll is not a trend . But there’s more in the poll

In the first quarter of 2021, 49% of U.S. adults identified as Democrats or leaned Democratic versus 40% who sided with Republicans, according to Gallup,

By the fourth quarter of 2021, 47% of respondents identified as Republicans while only 42% said they were Democrats.

Republicans so far hold a narrow advantage on the generic congressional ballot, which broadly asks people whether they’d support the GOP or Democratic candidate. As of January 16, 42.4% of respondents said they’d back Republicans versus 41.8% supporting Democrats, according to an aggregate of polls compiled by

Most Americans identified as Independents

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
So to sum up your post...

First, you said Americans are only shifting right because they are stupid.

Then, you immediately said they aren't really shifting right, because 1 poll isn't a trend (which is true, but we can look at a dozen polls plus w3hat happened in VA and in NJ, and that IS a trend).

Then, you said I misinterpreted the poll.

Then, you explained in detail, why the poll said exactly what I claimed that it said.

Between the 2 parties, Gallup poll shows republicans with the largest lead over democrats, since 1995.

"Most Americans identified as Independents"

Who are turning off Biden in huge numbers.

I agree most Americans are thoughtless and short-sighted. You know what else? They're not progressively liberal either. They're just not.

Obama got elected, but went too far to the left, which is why his party was absolutely routed by the time he left in 2016.

Biden is taking the party way further to the left than Obama dared try. That's not what America wants.

America wants a Bill Clinton-type democrat, someone right around the center. Unfortunately, it's very unlikely that such a moderate democrat could ever with the party's primary.

Trump was a moderate conservative. That's why people liked his policies. They just did. But they hates Trump personally, which is obviously understandable.

Both parties tend to want radical purists to with their presidential primaries, but that's not what America wants in a POTUS..