View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 08:12 PM   #44
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post

Both systems "work" in respect to their goals. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I'm not so sure. Did Soviet communism produce the worker's paradise that Obama, Spence, and Occupy Wall Street fantasize over?
I'm assuming they had a different definition of paradise than yours. Theirs' required the removal of God, who would be replaced by a dictatorship of the proletariat. It also required the removal of profit which they considered wealth in excess of that which was created by labor. It also required a leveling, or equality, of wealth among the masses, and the elimination of unequal masses of wealth accumulated by a few (but with the unmentioned unequal wealth granted to the higher ups in the party). So . . . I guess that went according to plan . . . sort of . . . notice I did put "work" in quotes.

Gosh . . . replace dictatorship of the proletariat with "government" and it does seem that what "worked" for the soviet communists is not substantially different from what you refer to as the fantasy that progressives will make work for us and the rest of the world . . . of course, in a more advanced and smarter and more responsible way.