View Single Post
Old 03-31-2022, 07:57 AM   #68
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
So let me get this correct Putin invades Ukraine bombs civilians hospitals schools threatens to use nukes and chemical weapons

And you think Biden saying putin can’t stay in power is some insane gaffe

Republicans once again attack their own POTUS this time for being to tough on Putin

and please get informed Biden stated if Russia used chemical weapons we nato would respond! Biden never said we’ll respond with chemical weapons he said we would respond in kind
Stop the misinformation
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"And you think Biden saying putin can’t stay in power is some insane gaffe "

Not just me. Do you pay attention to ANYTHING? Several people in the Biden administration had to clarify that Biden didn't mean what he said.

"Biden never said we’ll respond with chemical weapons he said we would respond in kind"

Umm...what do you think "in kind" means, if its's a response to Russia's use of chemical weapons? Again, the administration had to go out there and tell the world that Biden didn't mean what he said.

Here's the google definition of "in kind" (look it up!) - "in the same way".

So if Russia uses chemical weapons, and Biden says we'd respond "in mind", any honest person admits that Biden is saying we'd respond with chemical weapons. We'd never, ever do that...But Biden explicitly said we would.

you're denying what "in kind" means, for political convenience, because you can't just admit he slipped up.

Cambridge dictionary - "If you do something in kind, you do the same thing to someone that they have just done to you."