View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 09:10 PM   #56
sokinwet

Jimmy -- Since I have a vested interest I'm quite aware of the losses to the fund, its current value and the ramifications of unfunded pension liabilities. I'm also aware that the pension fund has earned well above the norm until the current plunge. Despite what you say the pension fund is not currently using "taxpayers" money to pay current pensioners. Could there be a problem in the future...sure..there could also be a return to the 15% earnings of "06". I'm willing to bet "Stan & Tim" are correct in their assumptions about the long term health of the system. Maybe you can ask Stan next time you "do lunch". So I guess I'm supposed to cash out my 32 yrs. of investment in the pension system, forget about any interest my money has earned and just return that money to Joe taxpayer...and of course you'll do the same with any investment earnings you have just to be fair?
Perhaps you should give your left nut..or maybe you should have considered working for the public sector, for far less than what you could have earned in the private sector, because the retirement plan provided a decent living that would allow you to retire and fish & hunt before you're too old to enjoy it.
PS Don't remember too much "battering" of republicans here until recently...just Spence taking it on the chin day in and day out.
And ...
"I will use FACTS when I shoot from the hip. Unlike most of the BS spouted by liberals." What hip was that shot from?