View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 11:23 AM   #11
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarnedStripes44 View Post

Well Daschle did not work out, he expressed regret, so I think the natural progressive nature of things is to move on. To say this is just a sign of the next 4 years comes off as a bit abortive. Obama has done some things in the past 3 weeks that should have been done years ago. This is another classic case of the news providing us with a story with far more bark than bite.
Move on? It's a good idea to move on when it's the Democrats screwing up, but when it's a Republican, they can still be bashed years later? Isn't this some sort of a double standard. "Let's just act like this little indescetion never happened".

As I stated earlier, Obama is going to be more closely scrutinized than any President in history based on where the country is right now. So far, he's had a less than stellar first couple of weeks. He should be called out when he screws up just as anyone else would be. There's no need for people to make excuses for him or rationalize why he did what he did. President of the United States of America is the highest elected office in the world and should be treated as such.

And if you re-read my earlier statement, I didn't say this is a sign of things to come. I said that it could
be a long four years if he isn't more careful with the people he surrounds himself with. I'm more than willing to give him time to show what he can do and I'm hoping his Presidency is an unqualified success.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio